Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Server Status Thread

NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
edited September 2014 in Tech Support #1
Spacebuild Server #1 - Up.
Spacebuild Server #2 - Up
Stranded Server #1 - Up

This will become the new server status thread, your one stop shop in knowing what's happening with the servers.
Staff: please be sure to replace the top paragraph with a new description of what's happening - and change the status area to reflect any changes.
Players: If the server has been down for more than half an hour, and this thread doesn't reflect this fact - post here and the Staff will look into things for you.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Fruerlund wrote:
    Main server is bugged.

Many tools are missing. Some E2 IS broken Ive heard.

Server scoreboard is gone.

Several Console errors. ETC. Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'MapRotatorTime'

Experienced a few crashes today aswell.

Some weapons are missing. :(
    This is most likely because someone forgot to sync the Fastdl cache, or the automated program that does this failed to perform. Or you disabled your downloads. In any case, you did not get the lua cache, and when you do not get the lua cache it will appear as though there are very little to no addons on the server.
    You do realize that you just responded to a post made over 3 weeks ago right? I'm going to clean out this thread so that doesn't happen again. Really no one should be posting in here unless they are taking the server down for over 10 minutes.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    Something broke horribly, build #1 down until further notice.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Build #1 is back up, rejoice!

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    Build #1 is back up, rejoice!
    I really hope you actually fixed it instead of just starting it, cause I'm going to turn it off again if its not fixed when I check it. Also, please do send a forum PM about what the problem was if you actually did fix it.

Edit: I might also mention I had it down for more reasons than it being broken, as the broken bits mainly affected admins alone, I intended to keep it offline until I pushed out the mining 2.0 update(which is almost ready I might mention) some time in the next week or so.

SO uh yeah its actually back up now, ninjr didn't really fix it when he tried, he actually made it worse. I went on and fixed it a bit ago so feel free to play all you want.

• OverloaderdaveOverloaderdave Registered Posts: 87
    edited December 2012 #7
    server went down a bit ago and has been down for an hour, I think someone pooped something up hard. might be some e2 as 4 poeple were playing with e2s, including me (yes, im starting on e2 >:D)
    basically dread had made a huge ship to contain puff's e2 drones
    I had made a broken movement chip (forward made it go up and roll)
    avair111 has made a utility belt to teleport himself and kill minges,
    and remove mingish contraptions. I also had that e2 so basically that was about 5/6 e2s because other poeple were using them too
    also puff had requested a restart but it went slow-so ignore the bit above
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    (yes, im starting on e2 >:D)

Edvard-Munch-The-Scream-1893.jpg

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    Server #2 is apparently down for unknown reasons, I've tried updating it and such things as that, but the blasted thing refuses to start. I think its stuck in an infinite restart loop as that's what everything I saw suggested.

• DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    Ticket submitted
  • zorakirbyzorakirby Registered Posts: 1
    Im kinda new here, and as such, I don't know how to refer to the servers other than with the IP. Anyway, the 178.63.177.22:27015 server is down - Assumably, both of them are down because the spacebuild 3 gamemode no longer shows up in the gamemode browser. Is anything being done? This really sucks because I invited my friend over to hang out and play on spacebuild 3, and after about 10 minutes of playing, we ate some pizza, came back, and the servers suddenly weren't showing up.
    Server 2 issues resolved.
    64.31.14.94:27025
    Server 1 is still down.
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Am I waiting tonight for nothing?

*edit* oh data is working on the monster, cooool thx
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"
    I'm not doing anything to #1, I have no idea whats up with it.
    Clak's autorestarter script died or something it seems, I just manually restarted the server and its up again.
    Geez people, if you're going to do this, do it before I get off! Not 5 minutes later!

Server 2 host has changed my IP again (hey at least its free)
    Server 2
    port27015

everything else should be the same.
  • GibberishNameGibberishName Registered Posts: 6
    Is there a reason why when joining build #1, you constantly freeze, and you cant seem to do anything.
    Server #2 is down for updates, I imagine this is going to take at least a few hours. While I'm doing this I'll be syncing all the dupes, addons, etc.

Will update this thread when I'm done.

Server #2 is coming back up now, will have to keep it in lockdown until I've made sure that its all working properly though.

Sorry it took so long, had to go somewhere for a few hours in the middle of the upload and only just now got back to start it up.

Server #2 is now alive.

Server 2 down for maint. today, should be back up in several hours. Host is moving it back to LINUX. But he says it's a non case sensitive version of linux so we'll see what happens.
    Server 2 down for maint. today, should be back up in several hours. Host is moving it back to LINUX. But he says it's a non case sensitive version of linux so we'll see what happens.
    Theoretically it should be fine even with it being case sensitive, but how it goes depends on if the linux server has improved as much as the linux client has.

Server is back up.
    Everything SEEMS to be ok.
    I was able to load my old ship and every function works as it should.
    Hope its all good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file