Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Garry's Mod 13 Beta server!

2»

Comments

• Lego8_bitLego8_bit Registered Posts: 9
    ok the links work bat another error pops up here it is:

REPORT of '/SnakeSVx/sbep/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body:
    Secure connection truncated (https://github.com)
    its my way or the highway lol
  • jb_aerojb_aero Registered Posts: 11
    Is the beta server still passworded? I haven't played in almost a year and was looking to pick it up again, but the server does not show up in the new multiplayer browser (as far as I've seen) and when I try to connect with the legacy browser it says the server is not responding.
    Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    *logs into mystical admin-y stuff* Beta server isn't running at all. IIRC, there was a bunch of updates made by Garry - which broke basically everything. Brandon is probably piecing things back together, expect more information from him :).

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Spacebuild 3 in GM13 is currently broken beyond my ability to fix. I'm waiting for snakesvx to fix it in his developer svn.

Uh and on a slightly more concerning note I don't think I'll be able to finish before the release because my gpu just died on me, I'm on my PSP right now so I can't really do much. :? With luck I'll have it fixed by the time GM13 is officially out so I can finish polishing the last few things.

Edit: Just incase someone thinks of starting the gm13 server before my pc is running again, all the latest code is on my computer, and i've not uploaded it to the server yet. In other words everything on the server is currently broken.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    I've been really distracted with college courses and some other personal stuff, so I'm sorry I haven't been around much. Since we're approaching the GM13 update, I'll probably start helping to fix as much as I can soon.
    Amaroq wrote:
    I've been really distracted with college courses and some other personal stuff, so I'm sorry I haven't been around much. Since we're approaching the GM13 update, I'll probably start helping to fix as much as I can soon.
    Really the only thing that isn't fixed on my end is the planets deleting themselves, if you want to give fixing that a go feel free to try. Other than that I've only got the GUI stuff to finish before everything is ready.

Fair warning that I think the problem with spacebuild is related to a physics crash protection garry implemented last week.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Planets deleting themselves? My only guess towards that is maybe the entity manager built into space combat... The planet entities didn't change names, did they?
    Amaroq wrote:
    Planets deleting themselves? My only guess towards that is maybe the entity manager built into space combat... The planet entities didn't change names, did they?
    I had already checked that, and its either inside of spacebuild itself or something garry is doing.

• FruerlundFruerlund Registered Posts: 7
    So I've download the 3 files as ZIPS. Extracted them into my Addons folder In Gmod 13, but It aint Working. Am I doing something wrong, or are they just not stable yet?

:(
    Fruerlund wrote:
    So I've download the 3 files as ZIPS. Extracted them into my Addons folder In Gmod 13, but It aint Working. Am I doing something wrong, or are they just not stable yet?

:(
    Why would you download them as zips? Those links all work in SVN.

If they are using an info.txt then they need that renamed to addon.txt because garry.

• Mr.PandaMr.Panda Registered Posts: 3
    When is Diaspora going to upgrade to Gmod 13, I'm aching for some SBEP :)
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Mr.Panda wrote:
    Merged, please read existing posts before posting.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Mr.Panda wrote:
    ooh ok, sry
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Sry but when i try to join Diaspora Battle Server it says that it is a older version of Gmod. If there is a working server up please give me the ip.
    Thanks.
    Mr.Panda wrote:
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Sry but when i try to join Diaspora Battle Server it says that it is a older version of Gmod. If there is a working server up please give me the ip.
    Thanks.
    There isn't currently a working server, the few of us developers who still care are working on it though. No ETA for you atm, only a "when its done"

• LiddulBOFHLiddulBOFH Registered Posts: 2
    You will require the following SVNs to join the server, the rest is automatically downloaded:
    Spacebuild 3: https://github.com/SnakeSVx/spacebuild/branches/sb3-dev
    SBEP: https://github.com/SnakeSVx/sbep/branches/beta
    Wiremod: https://github.com/wiremod/wire/branches/garrysmod13[/quote]

Thy' SVN's are broken :|

But thats normal, Its Garry's Mod.
    Because Garry images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXcIGGAcutbCQcDt_LlOxpbra6pVMYe8IaiwzF9M7SufdPhew1
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    LiddulBOFH wrote:

I'd advise just using the Spacebuild content SVN and downloading the Lua from the server, as Spacebuild 4 is being worked on now and the Diaspora devs are fixing Spacebuild 3 by themselves in the meantime.

SBEP is going to be put on the Workshop, when it's been fixed for 13. Have a look at http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php ... 64&page=27 to monitor their progress.

The normal WireMod SVN now supports 13 (mostly).

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • LiddulBOFHLiddulBOFH Registered Posts: 2
    Lambda217 wrote:
    LiddulBOFH wrote:

I'd advise just using the Spacebuild content SVN and downloading the Lua from the server, as Spacebuild 4 is being worked on now and the Diaspora devs are fixing Spacebuild 3 by themselves in the meantime.

SBEP is going to be put on the Workshop, when it's been fixed for 13. Have a look at http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php ... 64&page=27 to monitor their progress.

Wewt. I knew about Wiremod shortly after the post, didnt know SB4 was in dev, and wow, SBEP is coming to workshop :geek:
    Because Garry images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXcIGGAcutbCQcDt_LlOxpbra6pVMYe8IaiwzF9M7SufdPhew1
  • evil haggisevil haggis Registered Posts: 22
    LiddulBOFH wrote:
    Lambda217 wrote:
    LiddulBOFH wrote:

Wewt. I knew about Wiremod shortly after the post, didnt know SB4 was in dev, and wow, SBEP is coming to workshop :geek:

SBEP is already out
    if you like me... you,r disgusting
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    SBEP is already out

The models, yes, the LUA, no.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file