Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

General GMod Spacebuild Talk

xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
edited October 2012 in General #1
Just talk about stuff in Spacebuild.
Examples:
How you inverted the map
How you made your biggest spam ship
How much spamweapon you have on your ship
How much spamls you have on your ship
What you plan to do with your next ship
How you crashed the server
Pictures of your source entity limit spamship

And other interesting topics.
Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Comments

• ThatCanadianThatCanadian Registered Posts: 16
    First graviton torpedo?

So I've been working on a torpedo capable of stoping TITAN'S in there tracks I have tested this and 1 warhead can stop a frigate (there will be like 5-6 warheads on a torpedo).
    The only problem is, is that I need a delivery system that can track but won't blow up. I might have to rely on vector thrusters on a photon torpedo model.

Edit: when I say stop the ship I don't mean destroy I mean stop and have it just tumble thro space bouncing off walls and planets. (P.S any un-parented ship that gets hit will by ripped apart by the torpedo like the whole ship will spaz out and LS cables will be snapped and might cause a tiny bit of lag but that's there fault for using a un-parented ship)

Pics to come:
    My ING: TheCanadianSpetsnaz
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    I shall return...
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Most of the times I've crashed the server were when I flew my ship into something, like water or the world wall.

Also, I once made a trollish "Haxxor" torpedo thing that was just a gyropod, a seat, a welder, and like 20 "FAIL" core upgrades. I would fly this thing up to a ship, hit the welder, and watch as all the "FAIL" upgrades overrode the internal upgrades and cut the ship's stats down to an average of 20%.
  • ThatCanadianThatCanadian Registered Posts: 16
    The thing about that "haxxor" torpedo is that it dosent do much but weaken the ship (it's still fly able) but with the idea ive tested with is that it stops it from having any control and will go where the physics want it to go. Therefore making the whole ship useless unless a fully combat ready escape pod can be released outside of the affected area the whole ship is doomed to a life of being a husk of prop being a problem for any ship needinding to go anywhere.
    My ING: TheCanadianSpetsnaz
    The thing about that "haxxor" torpedo is that it dosent do much but weaken the ship (it's still fly able) but with the idea ive tested with is that it stops it from having any control and will go where the physics want it to go. Therefore making the whole ship useless unless a fully combat ready escape pod can be released outside of the affected area the whole ship is doomed to a life of being a husk of prop being a problem for any ship needinding to go anywhere.
    It was never meant as a tactical device, but more of a response to the days where everyone just put as many Concord Shield Upgrades on their Caldari cores as possible.
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    I like how this thread is basically to talk about all the bad things we can do. Crash the server, spam entities, be idiots..... Can't we have a nice thread where we share great shipbuilding techniques, ideas, technologies, etc?
    No?
    :(

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    You know what people don't use enough in their ships? Sounds. Without sound, a ship is just a collection of parented prop_physics. I like to ensure every function of my ships has an accompanying animation and sound. For example, when you enter the seat of my gunship, the diagnostic screen lowers itself into position and there's a whole bunch of clicking and whirring. Not only does it attract every cadet within a 500-meter radius, it also makes the ship feel like a kickass chunk of technology and not a tiny baby ship that got oneshotted by its own anticapital turret. :(

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    I like how this thread is basically to talk about all the bad things we can do. Crash the server, spam entities, be idiots..... Can't we have a nice thread where we share great shipbuilding techniques, ideas, technologies, etc?
    No?
    :(
    That's here.
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Lambda217 wrote:
    You know what people don't use enough in their ships? Sounds. Without sound, a ship is just a collection of parented prop_physics. I like to ensure every function of my ships has an accompanying animation and sound. For example, when you enter the seat of my gunship, the diagnostic screen lowers itself into position and there's a whole bunch of clicking and whirring. Not only does it attract every cadet within a 500-meter radius, it also makes the ship feel like a kickass chunk of technology and not a tiny baby ship that got oneshotted by its own anticapital turret. :(
    I stand in total agreement. I would put all manner of animation and sound and shit in my ships, if I knew how to do any of that in e2. You just cant spawn enough sound emitters.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    Lambda217 wrote:

Lambda, did you ever see my ship when I played? Every door was animated with sound, even the fridge. toilet flushed. all door locks clicked. Pilots seat had warnings, and alerts for every function with accompanying gui. the water pump lowering boom was animated. THE WINGS FOLDED AND UNFOLDED. There was a working touchscreen cd player for the lounge, and the stripper room had an animated dancer and music. All within the confines of a double-wide by 6 long sbep hull. God I miss my ship.

I never really took any screenshots of the ship, just once when we were messing around with the video player:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2569217
    And collecting artifacts:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2569212
    And the only shot of my HUD, when all the text in GMOD glitched out on me:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2569213

Didn't anyone ever take pics or video of it? I seem to remember flying for someone's video once.
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    God I miss my ship.
    You know... you could always... come on and play...
    I thought about re-installing gmod, downloading all the addons, setting it up, and getting it working again in gmod12 JUST so I could get a screenshot/video of my ship. Then uninstall everything again.
    You could always give the dupe to me :twisted:

That HUD is like, the most bomb-ass display I've seen in GMod. Shame there's no pic without the glitched text.

Lambda, did you ever see my ship when I played? Every door was animated with sound, even the fridge. toilet flushed. all door locks clicked. Pilots seat had warnings, and alerts for every function with accompanying gui. the water pump lowering boom was animated. THE WINGS FOLDED AND UNFOLDED. There was a working touchscreen cd player for the lounge, and the stripper room had an animated dancer and music. All within the confines of a double-wide by 6 long sbep hull. God I miss my ship.

I never really took any screenshots of the ship, just once when we were messing around with the video player:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2569217
    And collecting artifacts:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2569212
    And the only shot of my HUD, when all the text in GMOD glitched out on me:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2569213

Didn't anyone ever take pics or video of it? I seem to remember flying for someone's video once.

I can confirm his ship is indeed the most bomb-ass thing. I now actually have a headache from the sheer amount of crazy stuff it does, so here's a screenshot of the non-broken HUD.

CF1463479A1CFF73F03974102C4FB166A3C303E3

• AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    That HUD is fucking stupid. Nothing that amazing should exist in the form of E2, it's a blasphemy against Garry himself.
    Amaroq wrote:
    That HUD is fucking stupid. Nothing that amazing should exist in the form of E2, it's a blasphemy against Garry himself.

and then you turn on mining mode, and it's all "BEEP BOOP ANALYZING ASTEROIDS" and the target thingy pops up and there's dudes in the back staring at the stripper pole and oh my goodness

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file