Home Other Games
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

DUST 514

AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
edited September 2012 in Other Games #1
Has anyone else gotten into the closed beta? It's really good, and directly influences the politics of EVE Online, apparently. Gonna start playing it today.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Last I heard, it was a PS3 exclusive, so it doesn't really enthuse me all that much. The idea is great, but why you wouldn't at least have a port on the PC (for a shooter game, no less) slightly confounds me. Also, I have no money for a PS3 nor any monthly fees (if there are any) to play the game.

For me, I'll be waiting for Planetside 2 to go open beta.
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Last I heard, it was a PS3 exclusive, so it doesn't really enthuse me all that much. The idea is great, but why you wouldn't at least have a port on the PC (for a shooter game, no less) slightly confounds me. Also, I have no money for a PS3 nor any monthly fees (if there are any) to play the game.

For me, I'll be waiting for Planetside 2 to go open beta.
    Because CCP wanted it to be like a war between tiny console peasants and PC master race. In EVE you can bombard the planets with your ships and pwn all console people on the ground.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    I'm going to try and take over a planet just to see what happens when a ground troop gets headshotted by an orbital 1400mm shell.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Lambda217 wrote:
    I'm going to try and take over a planet just to see what happens when a ground troop gets headshotted by an orbital 1400mm shell.

Not just one, though. It's not a real cannon until it's a rotary projectile cannon!

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    Lambda217 wrote:

Not just one, though. It's not a real cannon until it's a rotary projectile cannon!

TAKE THAT UND THIS UND THAT

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Its a good thing Dust players are on a planet, because thats the only thing those things can actually hit.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    You guys realize that you can't actually affect the players that way with those things, right?
  • shadowdemonshadowdemon Registered Posts: 2
    You realize you can't actually affect anyone with yourself right? :P
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    You realize you can't actually affect anyone with yourself right? :P

You can affect things with your teams, actually.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file