Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

McMMO

hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
edited August 2012 in Tech Support #1
I'm not sure whether this was accidental or not, so apologies if this was intended, but upon lgging on to the server, it seems that McMO has been completely reset, and everyone is now back toLevel 0 in everything. While I can understand this being an attempt to try to make this server a bit more simple and level (if intentional), it seems odd that there is no announcement about it.

Still, I'm off to try to raise some levels back :P
[minecrafthead]hadleyr[/minecrafthead] -h.

Comments

• Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Yes, AFAIK it was reset because it was pissing higher-level players the hell off.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    It was not I who reset it. I haven't touched any of the main server's files for quite some time (since the 1.3.1 update, to be precise). Last I checked, everything was still in order.

I will look into this.

EDIT: Well, it looks like mcMMO completely changed up its file system in the last update and did NOT provide a way to port existing levels over to the new one. Thanks for that, mcMMO team, looks like we're all level 0 now. I have half a mind to use this as an excuse to remove it from the server, as it is a pain in the ass to actually keep running how we need it (what with them overwriting the configs every update, and sometimes at completely random intervals).

I'll put it up to the players, I guess: Does anyone here actually appreciate mcMMO's benefits more than its drawbacks such as maintenance and random resets like this?
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Steeveeo wrote:
    I'll put it up to the players, I guess: Does anyone here actually appreciate mcMMO's benefits more than its drawbacks such as maintenance and random resets like this?
    I personally enjoy it, and think it adds some amount of competitiveness to the server. While losing the levels is annoying, I don't mind personally because it takes all of you inactive people off the scores :lol:
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
    LtBrandon wrote:
    I personally enjoy it, and think it adds some amount of competitiveness to the server. While losing the levels is annoying, I don't mind personally because it takes all of you inactive people off the scores :lol:

Couldn't have put it better myself. The competetiveness makes it fun.
    My vote goes with kill it.
  • hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
    I forgot to mention that it gives repairs and anvils, and they are very damn useful - unless you're in creative, Mr. Killit.
    Repairing could be easily modded in without the encumbrance of mcMMO. If I hacked at it, I could get that done in a day's work, more with enchantment handling.
    Can't do a UHC with McMMO enabled. While I remember, I hereby upvote a Diaspora UHC.
    AHadley wrote:
    Can't do a UHC with McMMO enabled. While I remember, I hereby upvote a Diaspora UHC.
    A what?
    An Ultra Hardcore. Something richard posted a while back.
This discussion has been closed.