Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

(*NEW*) MORE fucked up gyropods.

xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
edited August 2012 in Tech Support #1
(Just imagine me speaking in a russian accent all the way throughout this)
Ok........

Usually when gyropod links to chair, chair becomes aimer, but recently, chair does not aim. Instead pod controller aim. This is not good. When peasant exit chair, unless remember to press button, ship turn toward middle, and is very annoying. One of us here, maybe, can solve this. Fuhrball can maybe solve this. Dataschmuck can also maybe solve this. One of them will try to fix, yes?
Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Comments

• evil haggisevil haggis Registered Posts: 22
    Ok........

Usually when gyropod links to chair, chair becomes aimer, but recently, chair does not aim. Instead pod controller aim. This is not good. When peasant exit chair, unless remember to press button, ship turn toward middle, and is very annoying. One of us here, maybe, can solve this. Fuhrball can maybe solve this. Dataschmuck can also maybe solve this. One of them will try to fix, yes?

anubis havent you seen my post about this? they said they cant do anything about it. trust me theres no point in complaining about it man :<. and besides gmod 13 is just a month away. and im sure everything will "hopefully" be fixed there
    if you like me... you,r disgusting
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Ok........

anubis havent you seen my post about this? they said they cant do anything about it. trust me theres no point in complaining about it man :<. and besides gmod 13 is just a month away. and im sure everything will "hopefully" be fixed there
    Yeah but I am Anubis, and as Anubis my job is to bitch about everything.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Unfortunately I can't do much about this myself, though I will certainly take a look in Gmod 13.

Though it seems to work there just fine.. Some update to the game must've messed up the aim-look system it uses.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    WHAT COWARD SPEAKS OF CAPITALIST FAD-TECHNOLOGY SUCH AS "GYROPODS"
    TRUE AND BRAVE COMRADE FLIES VIA USE OF GOOD STRONG SOVIET THRUSTERS
    TRUEST AND BRAVEST COMRADE WILL USE EXPLOSIONS OF GIGAFISH TO PROPEL HIMSELF TO STARS

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    Amaroq wrote:
    Unfortunately I can't do much about this myself, though I will certainly take a look in Gmod 13.

Though it seems to work there just fine.. Some update to the game must've messed up the aim-look system it uses.

If you are saying it works perfectly fine in Gmod13, than that's all that matters, since you will all be updating to it come September.
    Looking at Garry's Reasons why the shit you coded is now broke page, there's some angle stuff down at the bottom that concerns me, might need to be looked at in the gyropod code.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    That might just be it, actually. I don't remember how often we use GetAngles, but it'd make the most sense that this is what caused the broken-ness.
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Amaroq wrote:

If you are saying it works perfectly fine in Gmod13, than that's all that matters, since you will all be updating to it come September.
    Looking at Garry's Reasons why the shit you coded is now broke page, there's some angle stuff down at the bottom that concerns me, might need to be looked at in the gyropod code.
    Actually I have heard some floating rumors that we might be moving to GM13 sooner than september.

Also why are you still here? I thought you hated gmod and everything to do with it (Yes this forum has some things to do with gmod)
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Also why are you still here? I thought you hated gmod and everything to do with it (Yes this forum has some things to do with gmod)
    Subtracting some hyperbole, that would be me, actually. I don't recall Data ever saying he hated GMod, only that he was moving on from it.
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    I had always planned on coming back once Gmod 13 was out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file