Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Garry's Mod 13 Beta server!

LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
edited October 2012 in General #1
As Garry's Mod 13 is nearing completion and Garry wants more people to move over, I've put up a 2nd server on the Battle server's box with the beta content. If you have a Beta key and want to come check out some of the changes coming up with the big move to Gmod 13 feel free to come join. Just keep in mind that some of the content of the server may not work as expected as we move over all the content and wait for others to fix their addons. Hope to see some of you around 8-)

Server IP: 178.63.177.22:27016

You will require the following SVNs to join the server, the rest is automatically downloaded:
Spacebuild 3: https://github.com/SnakeSVx/spacebuild/branches/sb3-dev
SBEP: https://github.com/SnakeSVx/sbep/branches/beta
Wiremod: https://github.com/wiremod/wire/branches/garrysmod13
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Some screenshots from the server.

384C0AA84EF4419A8973F9359573968011095B70

AA9224D65F4833CDF1814C9581D2A10754B5A3AB

74B446E9EB4AF4B04A141F10B6B9DE93A0335F29
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Are those last two ships prebuilt models or incredible engineering?

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Are those last two ships prebuilt models or incredible engineering?
    The ones in the image are prebuilt, but I've replicated them in the past :D

• NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    They're from the Homeworld 2 Model Pack, by the looks.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    hype

I got tired of the qmenu being nigh on unreadable so I made us a custom scoreboard.

09A23D5CE4A412528B135825167BAE6C61C0BCF2

• NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Sweet, a custom scoreboard! You should totally give us a picture of it, rather than the new Q menu skin.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    Scoreboard is no different, i think he meant Qmenu skin.

Also, the server is pretty stable with a few gyropods active...
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
    Scoreboard is no different, i think he meant Qmenu skin.

Also, the server is pretty stable with a few gyropods active...
    His post should be read as:
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    FIX THAT PROBABLY COOL LOOKING SCOREBOARD AND PUT IT ON THE SERVER ALREADY!

Edit: Insert new scoreboard -
    4CD6A0002EA5635E740AF56087ABE1565CED4FC3

With the latest update to gmod 13 it seems that we have hit a rather.. large problem. Right now wiremod breaks a lot of functionality in spacebuild(like ATMOSPHERES) so until we can figure this mess out I'm going to password the gm13 server. I tried to fix the issue earlier today, but there are no errors related to the problem and it could be a while before we find the problem.

Yay double post!

I just updated the server to the SVN version of GM13, but right now the client is derpy apparently. So far things look better than before, though I've only been able to use bots to try and trigger the problems. Will update when I can get in game and test things.

Edit: SVN info can be found here btw.

GMod 13's shaping up to be pretty hype. It's basically impossible to RSO now, and with the new server and the improved physics there's no lag from even the biggest of moving ships.

13 can also mount Portal 2 content! But sadly it doesn't seem to like the 32-bit voice sound files, so no Wheatley A.I for me. :(

• AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Lambda217 wrote:
    13 can also mount Portal 2 content! But sadly it doesn't seem to like the 32-bit voice sound files, so no Wheatley A.I for me. :(

2009 Source doesn't work well with the newer versions, unfortunately. I'm actually not even sure how he got the L4D models to work natively, since you originally had to do some really wonky shit to get it to work in Gmod.
    There are a bunch of Portal 2 models that crash you if you so much as try to render their spawnicons.

I'm designing the interface for the new core modification creation system right now, will update when I have pictures. The new system is going to start out similar to what I did with the core creation tool, but at a later date you will be able to share your stuff with your faction or even combine different core mods into better ones.

On a related side note: The core entities now operate 85% faster and are roughly 700 lines shorter than they originally were, but they also perform better than they used to.

Edit: First panel of the new core interfaces completed.

CoreInterface.png

give the man a space medal

• ZeroMethanolZeroMethanol Registered Posts: 3
    Hey guys, i'm new to the forum.
    i played spacebuild a LONG time ago and with the release of gmod13 coming soon i was looking of getting back into it, don't suppose any of you can help me get whatever addons are needed?
    install directories, svn urls etc :P

-Zero
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    i played spacebuild a LONG time ago and with the release of gmod13 coming soon i was looking of getting back into it, don't suppose any of you can help me get whatever addons are needed?

-Zero
    Try reading the stickies; you know, the one two threads up from this one.
    Steeveeo wrote:

-Zero
    Try reading the stickies; you know, the one two threads up from this one.
    Actually that might be wrong depending on which version he wants to play, that thread only contains the addons for gmod 12. I had posted the gmod 13 requirements in the opening post.

Thanks Lt,
    But yeah i was looking for install info for gmod 13 , hence posting in this thread Steeveeo.

I have a few questions tho,
    is spacebuild 3 addon still in the workshop? i couldn't seem to find it there the other day =/
    and how do you install gmod 12 addons, last time i played gmod was gmod10 or gmod11 i forget :P

Zero
    Thanks Lt,
    But yeah i was looking for install info for gmod 13 , hence posting in this thread Steeveeo.

is spacebuild 3 addon still in the workshop? i couldn't seem to find it there the other day =/
    and how do you install gmod 12 addons, last time i played gmod was gmod10 or gmod11 i forget :P

Zero
    FYI Gmod 10, 11, and 12 have very little differences from most people's point of view lol, up until Garry mentioned what version he thought we were on everyone always called it Gmod 10 or 11. In general installing addons has been the same since the addons folder was created, just plop any addons that have an info.txt file in their folder into the <GMOD PATH>/garrysmod/addons folder The link Steeveeo posted has the links we use for Gmod 12 stuff. Also, last time I was able to check, the spacebuild 3 addon was still in the workshop, though I've not been able to check for some time now.

LtBrandon wrote:
    Thanks Lt,

Zero
    FYI Gmod 10, 11, and 12 have very little differences from most people's point of view lol, up until Garry mentioned what version he thought we were on everyone always called it Gmod 10 or 11. In general installing addons has been the same since the addons folder was created, just plop any addons that have an info.txt file in their folder into the <GMOD PATH>/garrysmod/addons folder The link Steeveeo posted has the links we use for Gmod 12 stuff. Also, last time I was able to check, the spacebuild 3 addon was still in the workshop, though I've not been able to check for some time now.

Alright nice one, looks like i was on the right track, I did manage to install a "spacebuild 3" from the workshop although it doesnt seem to do anything xD fml...

Thanks for the help tho.
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    There is a new feature of Gmod13 servers, if you get any LUA errors, it automatically kicks you. It's only for Script Enforced servers. There is a serverside convar to disable it. Or you could fix every error in every addon on the server.

Basically, no one can join the Gmod13 server right now until that is taken care of.

to turn it off:
    sv_kickerrornum 0
    There is a new feature of Gmod13 servers, if you get any LUA errors, it automatically kicks you. It's only for Script Enforced servers. There is a serverside convar to disable it. Or you could fix every error in every addon on the server.

Basically, no one can join the Gmod13 server right now until that is taken care of.

to turn it off:
    sv_kickerrornum 0
    I'm already aware of that. Currently I can't join anyways, my client refuses to start even after a full redownload.

Garry has made mysterious comments along the lines of "I updated the engine". I believe this means we have to wait for Valve to update the beta.

• Lego8_bitLego8_bit Registered Posts: 9
    this is bawss for gmod 13 unfortuantly the link for that file via svn does not work for me hers the err i get:

URL 'https://github.com/wiremod/wire/tree/gmod13' doesn't exist

so i will an old fasioned way of geting it
    its my way or the highway lol
    Lego8_bit wrote:
    this is bawss for gmod 13 unfortuantly the link for that file via svn does not work for me hers the err i get:

URL 'https://github.com/wiremod/wire/tree/gmod13' doesn't exist

so i will an old fasioned way of geting it
    Github is the only way to get the gmod13 version of wire; that link is also outdated so I might update it later. For now you can't join our gmod13 server anyways as spacebuild is broken right now.

Updated the main post to reflect changes in github link structure and moving in various other things.

• Lego8_bitLego8_bit Registered Posts: 9
    links are fixed thanks
    its my way or the highway lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file