Home Development
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Weapon Balancing

NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
edited July 2012 in Development #1
So whilst I have a little downtime at the moment in regards to GMod 13 development, I'm doing some work on the GMod 12 stuff. As per the second post in this changelog thread, I've done some conversions of weapons to the new Support Energy system.

Because everyone else uses the weapon systems more than I, being more of a pacifist builder (:3), if you find the amounts of Support Energy usage to be unbalanced with any of the weapons, please post here with the following of template - to suggest a change:
[b]Weapon name:[/b] <Insert name here>
[b]Weapon current usage:[/b] <Insert usage here of Support Energy>
[b]Suggested weapon usage:[/b] <Insert suggested change to the support energy usage here>
[b]Explanation of suggested change:[/b] <Explain why you think your change should be put into place>

All suggestions will be taken into account, and testing of balance will be done.

Note: If you think a weapon should be balanced in other ways, such as damage - etc, feel free to use the same template - just replace 'usage' with 'damage' etc.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png

Comments

• KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Weapon name: SG Shield
    Weapon current usage: 0 Support Energy
    Suggested weapon usage: 1/20th Normal Energy Usage
    Explanation of suggested change: There was logic behind moving the weapons to support energy, being that you can simply loop a Steam Gen to infinite energy, so the change made weapons per class actually balanced, and is the same reason why Shields should be switched as they currently run on the near infinite normal energy, so even a corvette can have no trouble powering a 20 strength, 100% efficient Shield, but if it is changed they will have to chose between a stronger defence or a stronger offence. Especially since the shields are cheap to run once charged and can tank millions of damage, and when some of the newer weapons do not react to it properly (I just witnessed an SG shield soak up a shot from a Capital Asgard), it's even more overpowered. Just switching it to Support energy will hopefully be quite a cheap solution.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Kanzuke wrote:
    Weapon name: SG Shield
    Weapon current usage: 0 Support Energy
    Suggested weapon usage: 1/20th Normal Energy Usage
    Explanation of suggested change: ... Stuff ...

So I've modified the SG Shield to use the Support Energy resource. I've raised the startup cost, raised the rate at which it consumes energy - reduced the rate at which it regens, as well as changing it to convert at ratio of 1:3 (SupEn/ShieldCap).

Tested, and it works fine IMO.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Weapon name: Lite Pulse Cannon
    Weapon current usage: ...not sure, actually
    Suggested weapon usage: Reduce Support Energy use
    Explanation of suggested change: Two of these little buggers eat up support energy quite fast even with a Huge Fusion Generator running.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Weapon name: Lite Pulse Cannon
    Weapon current usage: ...not sure, actually
    Suggested weapon usage: Reduce Support Energy use
    Explanation of suggested change: ... Stuff ...

I'll drop it to 2000 from 3500 and test that.

Edit: That still dropped REALLY fast, I'll drop it to maybe 500 and test with the next restart. I can't seem to figure out how fast it fires, otherwise this would be slightly easier :3

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    excellence

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file