Home Showcase
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Show off your Spaceships!

D4RK354B3RD4RK354B3R Registered Posts: 18
edited June 2014 in Showcase #1
Well, I recently found some really old screenshots of some really old ships, so I figured I may as well post them and start the screenshots thread.

There really needs to be an RIMG tag. Late edit: replaced all tags with RIMG. -Steeveeo

301d950.jpg
The ship on the left is the VSF Vindicator Cruiser.
It was my first ship, more or less, and sported 16 cruiser beam cannons.

The ship on the right is the VSF Valkyrie Carrer.
It's featured in PaperClip's "Carrier Battle #2" video.
It has a drone bay with four heavy drones and has Photon Torpedoes on the nose.

24xhq8y.jpg
This is the VSF Valhalla Mothership. It didn't really get to see much action because the prop limit was lowered shortly after I got this thing ready to fly. It had a whopping 15 million core health and had a hangar large enough to fit cruiser sized vessels.

2nlrfno.png
The VSF Vulcan Lancer Dreadnought. And despite it's large size, it is quite a bit smaller than the Valhalla Mothership. It sports two ion beam cannons at 500 mult each, and has 400k core health.
It's been refitted so that it works on Diaspora, but it's a bit too large for the server to cope with most of the time.

2mr7hoy.jpg
The VSF Vindicator Beam Cruiser. It's got two ion beam cannons at 1000 mult each, and has 200k core health.

fk8d1d.jpg
The CDF Blue Shark Stealth Bomber. It's a work in progress.

Comments

• NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Here's my ships:
    *Clipping sucks!*

2f09coz.jpg
    First decent ship done, still in my heart, the Light Boomer
    Work like a charm on another server yet not very good on diaspora, for some weighting reasons.. oO

5fmzrn.jpg
    Doom station?

nz3pd.jpg
    L'Acadie -En français s'il vous plait

28hmxs8.jpg
    That's NCShark

2uxutdx.jpg
    J-Viper mki

141mntz.jpg
    J-Viper mkii ..meh

28iu4ao.jpg
    My only fully flyable and shooting ship on Diaspora, yet. Must I say here that D4RK3 54B3R provided me with the magic ingredient to make it like I wanted. Custom steering fonction, 4 autocannons, 2 machine guns, 2 homing torpedo and 1 emp missile. It can tip on one way the balance of the battle when it's assisting a tank ship, and can seriously annoy a station with it's speed and homing toys. You said dogfight? I dunno, didn't found the opponent yet, are you the one?

1zdbwk3.jpg
    J-Viper mkiii again

zilvgn.jpg
    J-Viper mkiii yet again
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"
  • Paper ClipPaper Clip Registered, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 87
    Those are some wicked sick ships!
    2emhf9z.jpg

The Iron Hawk

Ive tried to keep everything to a strict minimum without loosing firepower. 1 mkii cannon, 2 blasters, 2 x20 rockets pod. No Life support beside batteries and hydrogen so I can save on entities count, I take a suit. No regen of any kind, once it's depleted, you have to come back to get more juice.

This fighter has 3 props, 20 entities beside some chips

I think I've made my point about keeping it low.. oh and I would like to see how much OP it suck from the server... a bare mimimum.

Don't get mad at me, I love all of you with big ass ships and all.
  • JoeyJoey Registered Posts: 49
    Why are all those pics JPG? Might wanna use PNG, as JPG rapes quality.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Joey wrote:
    Why are all those pics JPG? Might wanna use PNG, as JPG rapes quality.

Not true, only if you compress them badly.

JPGs are really good for large, complicated photos at a decent filesize. Again, if you compress them correctly, they turn out fantastic. People just seem to suck at it.
  • Psi-Xi 7Psi-Xi 7 Registered Posts: 28
    Does this forum have a way to mass thumbnail a stack of photos, I want to post roughly 20 of my best ships.
    I might just go to 3, however.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Just to revive this thread, here's my latest ship, the ICARUS! It would have been called Daedalus, but a certain MISERABLE FLYING ANVIL PILOT took that already.
    bhEZ6.jpg
    Note that none of the actual coding is done yet, apart from the moving doors/engines. I liked the body though, so I made this plan anyway. If the Ion Cannon's still the way I remember it, it should be decent for any situation. Now I just need to find some wastable time in which to hammer out a hybrid E2/Gyropod drive system. Oh, and a sweet GPU HUD.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    This is my 1/8 Daedalus. Hence the 1/8, it was intended to be MUCH larger. The ship itself was about half of the front end. It is AKA The Block or The Anvil.

[EDIT: Open the images in new tab to see full size.]

42D9EE9958FC5E3A86D1936EE55D3B42AAE046D5

5D60AA7AF9D0D9351BC36D714F8B0ED7ECFB3DC2

52BAD233FD78B91796F35DE860E074B1E53C74CE

FD0C324357C4809A25BF160978F55BC333B4C39B

Also, I have a old EGP project named ICARUS.

C86DB7857F0610DD429D0A33CCB7BE71FF5E5118

Love ya Lambda : ).

I don't actually have a EGP named ICARUS, I just thought it would be funny to post that here. lol.

EDIT: Please use the RIMG tags. -Steeveeo
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    Attention! Attention! Due to a recent influx of NAME STEALERS such as FLYING ANVIL CAPTAIN, ULX, and BATTE OR BATTEI OR WHATEVER I DON'T EVEN KNOW, the Icarus Project is henceforth renamed HMS BANGARANG. Thank you, and safe piloting.

Here's a random cruiser I'm working one, just to revive the thread.

FC1808853E0122530758E699D499D149E3C34FB6

It was gonna be all high-tech, but then I saw Clear Skies.

Obviously not pictured, but inside the body, there's a bunch of interior rooms which practically make up a entire frigate by themselves, plus a elevator shaft going up to the bridge and down to the cargo bay, which will have a slidey door.

• TrekintoshTrekintosh Registered Posts: 14
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Here's a random cruiser I'm working one, just to revive the thread.

FC1808853E0122530758E699D499D149E3C34FB6

It was gonna be all high-tech, but then I saw Clear Skies.

Obviously not pictured, but inside the body, there's a bunch of interior rooms which practically make up a entire frigate by themselves, plus a elevator shaft going up to the bridge and down to the cargo bay, which will have a slidey door.
    That's beautiful, are those just medbridge props for the exterior that are materialized or what?
    Trekintosh wrote:
    That's beautiful,
    Cheers!
    are those just medbridge props for the exterior that are materialized or what?
    They're bottomless medbridge corridors with a trusty rusty material, joined together in the middle with plates, and covered with a trusty rusty material.

Also introducing the HMS Oh God The Bridge Is Taking Up 50% Of The Prop Limit Already.

1A001BDB1BB0F51528857534E08C37271B70F563

Really?

I had an Icarus ship too..
  • UnableQuesoUnableQueso Registered Posts: 5
    Some ships I worked on earlier this year. Inspired by the Turian fleet in ME3. :)

ada_by_phobuscelebi-d55aedk.jpg
    banner_by_PhobusCelebi.jpg
    Some ships I worked on earlier this year. Inspired by the Turian fleet in ME3. :)

043.gif

• Bad_IdeaBad_Idea Registered Posts: 2

ada_by_phobuscelebi-d55aedk.jpg

Those just look so very very good...
    “If you hate someone that can most likely indicate that you don't like them.”
    ~ Captain Obvious
    Another one of my babies: Pathfinder Light Frigate

pathfinder_light_frigate_by_phobuscelebi-d55lbnt.png
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Some ships from BA's scyth fleet:

The Flagship
    7D0FC723C77F1C338802A2CD4606544E8430C0A45A11F6CB099C30D090382BD5773A649311212135

The Dreadnaught
    AD1901F4B07ED5799CF48CAA4E153234D8B91F0B

The Provodusion
    9678EF25F76363D61CBA5FA9AB50BD4AB84233FA1B593EEBECE6A5A354562806E8DB9B9DEF7C188B

Bereavement Heavy Frigate
    B7F7A49AD569777B41F7622EB4A52CA0683749E30C572A72A330B180D49941D176A853FEBA6B8000

Tyranus Fighter Bombers
    36BAD639C6DA1EC7CC3AA60927F040459771AFBDE3DDFB793FA48FABFACB68A7F9946DBF7F1449C6
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    I like the utilitarian look of the Tyranus.

That Flagship is beautiful :')
    Just finished a quick reactor thingy, realized server didn't have EP1 props and therefore reactor was uglier than it already was, decided to make video of it and other things too. Did not want to make separate thread for minor stuff. Observe under pain of dead.
    Cavern Smithson here. They say infinite monkeys banging on infinite typewriters will eventually create the entire works of Shakespeare. We haven't tested for that yet, but what we have discovered is that fifty employees all working on creating the perfect rotisserie will eventually manufacture some sort of semi-stable portal to a dimension of chaos and eyeless clowns. Once again, we've exceeded expectations here as not only does this new device utterly roast all meat (dead or otherwise) within a five meter radius, the portal also makes a great power source for corvettes and up so long as you don't mind the constant SCREAMING. Cavern Smithson signing off.

After the tragic destruction of the Grand Dreadnaught Nargleflargè owing to a improperly cleaned GigaLaser focusing crystal, the leaders of the Sammich Republic arranged a meeting for the purposes of redesigning their battle strategy. After the discovery that the energy weapons budget was higher than the the actual ship budget, the current Defence Chairman was swiftly hurled into a nearby fusion reactor, and the task of designing more efficient weaponry was outsourced to a mysterious Russian. Schematics were returned swiftly and very well received by the Republic's gunners and engineers. One of these new weapons was the sturdy Battleship-Class 450mm Autocannon, noted by the schematics as being "Good for destroying little coward ships of tiny baby men" and capable of launching a constant stream of armour-smashing death for far longer than the trial version of Fraps can record for.
    Looking for a supplementary anti-fighter weapon to their usual ponderous EMP Cruise Missiles, the elite researchers and inventors of [REDACTED] swiftly came up with the Modulated 'Limbo' EM Autocannon II. Using [REDACTED] [REDACTED] technology, the Limbo rapidly fires 25mm explosive shells encased in a shield-disrupting EM field for shredding the shields and armour of smaller vessels, as well as [REDACTED]. [REDACTED] gunners confirmed the weapon was '[REDACTED]', and aside from a [REDACTED] incident during [REDACTED], [REDACTED].

It's the King Of Limbs!

F57658007AF97D1067E690ECB94E02277BF5CD6F

Stab things with the sensor array!

88787E900CA2A04F65644248DF67D7665D5DB48D

Comfy sofa!

89D96F1B33FD2B222A48E7DCE790FE09ECC387BB

Climb all the way up to it!

• Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
    That an EGP, or something hyper?

• NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Lambda217 wrote:
    That an EGP, or something hyper?

EGP.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    top-secret testings of Spectral Directorate doomsday device effects

also beginnings of new advances in dubstep propulsion drive technology

9C3C6ABB0934B880934F347AD13131009CE02000

and new rivalries

kXsCo.jpg

• evil haggisevil haggis Registered Posts: 22
    4908B5ED1A52D6793BB4836D4456EE964979B899

Name: TDF titanium

Defence: 70 mill

One of my first ships that i built when i started on the Diaspora server, the reason i built this ship at first was to counter duneD,s infamous nuke cannon (which pretty much worked in some fights). since then it has undergone some improvmeants (well...if you call what you see improvmeants), anyways in my opinion these improvmeants have resulted in very tougth and resilieant titain.
    if you like me... you,r disgusting
  • HammarHammar Registered Posts: 1
    Introducing...

The Eviscerator

jurh7l.jpg

Will post more pics and videos soon! Thanks for letting me join you cool kids :D
    The S.D.V Icarus II! (Gagarin Class)

97307D9FB378149A78EF3F583642BB35F85A4B73

Partly outsourced to a unknown manufacturer, so it's cosy and comfy while still featuring the Spectral Directorate's standard living, ambiguously-sentient armour and powerful ballistics! Look at the space video!

Should be an invaluable asset for lengthy super-spooky recon missions once I get the weapons and propulsion done.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file