Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

I Wish to Run Some Tekkit, Who's Interested?

SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
edited September 2012 in General #1
I am going to be running some Tekkit on the Minecraft box later today. This will be running in parallel to the current server, just on port 25566 rather than 25565, so no need to worry about it overwriting or corrupting anything. Also, the whitelist for this server will be copied from the main server, so no need to ask for it unless you're not already on the list to begin with. Since Tekkit runs on Vanilla Minecraft, we won't have the special staffer ranks as the main server (and also none of the other plugins, but the stuff in Tekkit makes up for it), so all staff will be getting Op on this secondary server (try not to screw it up!).

Now, for those of you who do not know, Tekkit is the multiplayer-compatible version of Technic Pack. This includes the mods Build Craft, Industrial Craft, Equivalent Exchange, Rail Craft, Redpower, and others. From what I've seen, Tekkit is a WHOLE lot more optimized and finished than the Technic Pack server we were running a few months ago, which was a laggy, buggy mess. Tekkit pretty much makes Minecraft into a new game with many layers of extra complexity. In short, it will probably end up being Magic versus Science, Transmutation versus Nuclear Reactors, and so on and so forth.

It should be a lot of fun, so I'd recommend checking it out, even if you don't plan to stay. Now, I will say it before we get carried away with ourselves: this WILL be temporary, as running an extra server takes extra bandwidth. However, it will be staying up for as long as interest stays with it (needless to say, if it goes and gets unplayable due to lag and disconnects like the first time, it won't be staying long). At the end of the period, I'll put up the map for download in a sticky, so all those who wish to save their progress can save that to their harddrives for personal use.

Tekkit installs as a standalone Minecraft installation, so no need to worry about overwriting your current, probably GLSL-Enabled install. It should also be all packaged up nicely, so you don't have to worry about trying to patch everything in manually.

Get it here: http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/
Server IP: <same IP as main>:25566

Now, one final note: Staff, we are playing this legitimately, please keep the TMI cheating to a minimum! ;)

Comments

• Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Oh dear. Please, please avoid making radioactive fish this time.

That said, I'll probably install it and show up.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Sorry for the delay, whoever tried to join, trying to get the default server install to NOT error on startup. It seems to be unique to me, since I can't find the error online.

EDIT: Found it, for some reason Tekkit dislikes the Enterprise Edition of Java. Running it on JRE7 seems to work fine. Expect the server to be up shortly, I need to finish configuring it.
    Ok, it's up and running. Feel free to join whenever, and ask any support questions here.
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Fucks sake, my launcher fails to update Tekket, would you be able to package your ".techniclauncher" from %APPDATA% and send it to me, please?

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    The same thing happens with Minecraft and Spoutcraft; just keep trying and eventually it'll get there.
    I find it helps not to touch ANY of the settings in the launcher in Spout, and it looks like Tekkit uses the Spout launcher (which never has been very good to begin with). Also, I do not think it is legal to zip up the data folder since it has a copy of Minecraft.jar in it.

What exactly is the error?
    It WAS saying "Update failed" when I tried to login with Tekket installed, but it worked suddenly this morning, sweet!

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

• lordwelshlordwelsh Registered Posts: 6
    Just curious, are you guys running the newest version, and is ComputerCraft running OK?
    lordwelsh wrote:
    Just curious, are you guys running the newest version, and is ComputerCraft running OK?
    I was actually going to update to Tekkit 3 last night but fell asleep before I could, heh.
    Still running Tekkit?

Yep, but it's been having long periods of very, very quiet lately.
    Aha. I may well start to play again, as long as my computer plays nice and runs Tekkit properly! xD

This discussion has been closed.