Home Development
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Battle Server - Auto Restart

andrbootandrboot Registered, Administrator Posts: 46
edited April 2012 in Development #1
Hi Guys,

As you may/may not know I have been working on auto-restart script tied into my monitoring system.
I can safely say as of posting this that it is working and no longer restarts the server twice in a row :)

Technical Info:
My Nagios system checks the server(Checks Primary port & other checks) every 1-3mins to see if it is live, if change of state (Critical / Warning / Okay)
If there is a change of state it runs a script which checks a file for a timestamp to see if it has run in the last 5 minutes, if it hasn't it "restarts" the server and updates the timestamp file.

Which means, if the server comes up, and you crash it within 5 minutes then it "may" not come backup again automatically.

I don't really want to reduce this in case of false alerts etc, however please feel free to comment / post thoughts.

Clakattack

*Update*
It was discovered the server was somewhat unable to change maps, this has now been resolved which makes it possible to remove the 5minute window, however planning to leave it for a week as is to see how stable it is..
Known as Clakattack ... or "ClakofDeath" xD

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Neat, should help out a bit.

Also, finally fixed your rank, thought Amaroq might have before but I guess not.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    andrboot wrote:
    Which means, if the server comes up, and you crash it within 5 minutes then it "may" not come backup again automatically.

It seems like the people of Diaspora have a CHALLENGE!

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Lambda217 wrote:
    andrboot wrote:

It seems like the people of Diaspora have a CHALLENGE!

Hmm...

challenge-accepted.jpg
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file