Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Directed Thermonuclear Mine

xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
edited February 2012 in Suggestions #1
It would be a "Shaped" Nuclear mine that would either A. Have a vector input/entity input to angle the Nuke towards a target and detonate with either an input/distance input. or B. The Nuke would automatically track and detonate ships on approach (Which are not your own). The nuke would be listed as a Capital weapon, with a Mine Layer that can only spawn 2 or 3 at a time. It would lay the mines and you would wire the controls for the nuke to the Mine Layer. Since it's a capital weapon and not to mention a nuke, it would do between 500k and 3 million damage per blast.
Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    I can hardly wait to enjoy all the fun of sitting on spawn unable to leave cause someone's filled the sky with homing bombs that insta-kill anything below dreadnaught. Not that someone hasn't probably made a E2 of this already, anyways.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Not sure why people think we need more capital weapons. Fighters and Frigates are the neglected ones, but most people need to have the MUSTWIN ships, apparently.
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    NOOBIS MUST BE TEH WINNOR

But I agree. Ill think of ideas for some Non-OP Frigate weapons :3.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    Not that some more innovative Capital/Cruiser weapons would go amiss, it's a bit dull how fights between them basically consist of a solid stream of blue and red pulses going back and forth until one explodes or the server crashes.

• JoeyJoey Registered Posts: 49
    Weapons that instantly kill anything below Capital ships is just silly, what I have yet to understand is the use of these mines since most fights consist of far too large ships shooting eachother with systems that aim for you whilst dodging your opponents shots at high speeds.
    A better idea would be to actually finish balancing the current weapons before carelessly throwing in new weapon ideas.
    Joey wrote:
    Weapons that instantly kill anything below Capital ships is just silly, what I have yet to understand is the use of these mines since most fights consist of far too large ships shooting eachother with systems that aim for you whilst dodging your opponents shots at high speeds.
    A better idea would be to actually finish balancing the current weapons before carelessly throwing in new weapon ideas.

The weapons are actually pretty balanced, it's how much of them you can fit on your ship that's not balanced. It's a sorta vicious cycle.

Cadet Rick Spamston decides that as guns increase your combat efficency, his ship should
    use-more-gun-3417_preview.png
    He then proceeds to totally nuke the fuck out of Commodore Bob Cruisercock. The good Sir Cruisercock decides he should combat this by adding more props to his ship to boost the defence, and adds more guns to boost the offence too. After that battle, Spamston does the same but more so as not to be left behind, and the end result is Prop Mountain versus the Empire Prop Building emptying a crashload of weaponry at each other trying to overwhelm each other's four hundred googolplex HP.

Such is the natural consequence of freedom to build whatever you want as a weapon with no limits on resources (talking building supplies here, not RD): everyone's going to want the biggest gun. So they can spurt rivers of creamy white pulse fire onto everyone's else's weapons to show their dominance as the one with the largest gun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file