Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Smart Moving

hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
edited January 2012 in Suggestions #1
I was just browsing around earlier, and I saw a video for this mod:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/361430-11smp-smart-moving/

Lower in the mod post, there is a listed bukkit version, and I was wondering if this could make an interesting and worthwhile addition to the server.

For those of you who want to learn what the mod is without looking it up, Smart Moving is a new mod that will allow players to perfrom a variety of new moves, along with tweaks to animations and speeds. It adds the abilities to climb using gaps in walls - almost like free climbing, crawling, sliding, charged jumps, and faster sprinting.
[minecrafthead]hadleyr[/minecrafthead] -h.

Comments

• Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    IDK, it changes a lot of things, making fence posts climbable, etc.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    The Yogscast did a video on it a bit ago, and it was interesting:

However, unlike something like Spoutcraft, the client mod is required to join the server (something I have always stayed away from). Also, the video shows it riddled with bugs like getting kicked for flying while climbing and animation issues.

When those get sorted out, quite possibly. I'd like to see some parkour courses on the server.
  • hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
    Have you seen the video by Captain Sparklez? I think it is quite recent, but yeah, the need for a client-side mod is a pain, especially when you need to add Mod-Loader and Mod-LoaderMP which could drive newer players away. Still, if you want parkour courses, I'll add some basics ones somewhere.

Also, my personal reason is simply because I love the idea that you could dive and crowd surf. :P That and the new swimming styles are pretty cool too.
    [minecrafthead]hadleyr[/minecrafthead] -h.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    My issue with the animations, oddly, is that they're too fluid. All the other Minecraft animations are jerky and stiff, part of the characteristic of the game, and it just doesn't seem to fit. You know what I mean?
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    I think we have learnt our lesson from Technicpack.
This discussion has been closed.