Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Downtime: Power Outage [ENDED]

SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
edited January 2012 in General #1
Hello, Minecraftians. Currently at a friend's house posting this. Turns out that the Washington State power lines aren't built for a little bit of snow and ice, or at least the trees aren't.

We are currently without power and have been for the past few hours, so the server will be down until the power comes back and I recover the likely world corruption from the sudden blackout. I can only hope that it's within the next few hours, but the roads here are pretty much iced over completely, and Washington State seems to have about 3 plows between all the cities, so repair vehicles might take quite a while to get to fixing it all.

See you whenever that happens.

(Figures that this would happen just after the Internet Blackout Day protests.)

Comments

• MurdertrainMurdertrain Registered Posts: 24
    (Figures that this would happen just after the Internet Blackout Day protests.)[/quote]

its a conspiracy
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Good news, everyone! </Farnsworth>

After about 3 days in the dark and many downed limbs (seriously, my front yard looks like an ecological warzone), the ice and snow have pretty much melted and the power has been restored.

Finally got home after being distracted with League of Legends a whole bunch, then got to work on repairing and restarting the minecraft server. Everything has been rolled back to just before the outage (thank you, backup plugin!) and everything appears normal.

Please let me know if anything is still screwed up after all this, although it should all be fine since the backup plugin takes complete server snapshots every half-hour.

Oh, and bonus: I reinstalled Spout on the server, so feel free to use those clients of yours! (No seriously, use them, it lessens the bandwidth usage)
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Server still offline for me.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Whoops, power outage reset the internal DHCP and put the server on a different IP, fixed now.
This discussion has been closed.