Home Announcements
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Server Down

LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
edited January 2012 in Announcements #1
Due to sudden problems coming from an unknown source the server has been shut down.

Several hours before my posting this, the server crashed and didn't come back up even after several restarts. About an hour after I last tried to restart the server it finally came up, but it was extremely laggy(Average ping for players was 2000) and giving lua errors twice a second. After trying to find the problem for several hours both Steeveeo and myself were stumped on what was wrong with it. Steeveeo has contacted support, and as soon as we can get this problem sorted we will bring it up again.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Ticket conversation so far:
    Server Unplayable, 25800 Ping
    by Customer

1/20/2012 12:17:17 AM
    Greetings.

My users are reporting that the server is currently unplayable, and my admin reports that he gets upwards of 25800 ping when trying to manage it. Furthermore, the server console is filled with errors relating to what seems like just about everything, the main one being some sort of timer error in a general include file.

Can you please look into the state of the server and see what's going on with it? My admin and I can't figure it out, as everything is updated as far as they can be.
    RE:Server Unplayable, 25800 Ping
    by AoWC_Override

1/20/2012 1:49:27 AM
    Please try your server now, if it continues we can move you to another system if you would like.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Everything appears to be normal again, server is back up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file