Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Server Events?

SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
edited May 2012 in Suggestions #1
If you've been on the server in the past couple of days, you would know that I've been playing around with some ideas with custom maps and whatnot. I've been thinking, perhaps a weekly event based around it?

The question of this thread is this: How many people would be interested in some weekly events, and if there were, what day and time would be the best for everyone to join in?

Currently, I'm thinking of something along the lines of "Friday Night is Adventure Night!", and am available pretty much any day from 5-11 PM PST (-8 GMT).

Please let us know so we can add more fun stuff to the Minecraft server!

Comments

• Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    So long as it's a time I can get on, I'm up for anything. Best time for me is afternoon/evening GMT, except Wednesdays (and possibly weekends in the future).

Also, a team 404 would be interesting. Perhaps not as strict as others, but starting off a map as a group and having a massive cave system right beneath us.
  • hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
    I've been thinking, perhaps instead of running "adventure nights", do a Vechs' Super Hostile Race For Wool map (in teams) with a single match - which would last around 1 and a half to 2 hours each Friday, and have a league table on the forums, so that we can see who has the best teams. We could do these maps (at time of writing 2) in teams of either 2 or 4, depending on those who are willing.

If you think this is a good idea, I'll set up a topic to see if anyone is interested.
    [minecrafthead]hadleyr[/minecrafthead] -h.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    hadleyr wrote:
    I've been thinking, perhaps instead of running "adventure nights", do a Vechs' Super Hostile Race For Wool map (in teams) with a single match - which would last around 1 and a half to 2 hours each Friday, and have a league table on the forums, so that we can see who has the best teams. We could do these maps (at time of writing 2) in teams of either 2 or 4, depending on those who are willing.

If you think this is a good idea, I'll set up a topic to see if anyone is interested.
    I don't think we have enough traffic to the server for something like that. We have long periods of nobody on the server, and we have yet to breach 10/20 players at once on the server.
  • hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
    Another bright idea that doesn't require any more than 2 people to work: Sethbling's Pit frenzy tournament. It's a 1v1 game, but could easily be run as a tournament if there are lots of people online.

Could be a fun idea for after tekkit (if there is to be an after-tekkit - considering how cool it is).
    [minecrafthead]hadleyr[/minecrafthead] -h.
This discussion has been closed.