Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Crashing out

Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
edited December 2011 in General #1
I've been having non-descript error messages at certain points on the current server - mostly consisting of end of stream, not enough data, recv errors, unsuprisingly accompanied by only about three chunks visibly loading.

Originally it seemed to happen around N1's castle only, but once he removed the energy links it stopped again, but something changed over the last 24 hours and that has caused it to happen all over the map. It seems to only affect me (probably due to location - N1 says he lags out occasionally, though his factory could crash him when it was in full swing).

N1 and I have been trying to get to the bottom of what is happening, but since it started again I think we're both stumped.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Whoops, I think I forgot to turn down my fish factory before I left last night, I had that thing running in full swing.

The version of RedPower that we got in the TechnicPack seems to be rather inefficient with lots of items in pipes that are not visible to the player (like way off in the unloaded chunks).
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Yeah, I did google briefly and found that RedPower does occasionally cause this issue. N1 did try turning off the fish factory, but it didn't do much good.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Supposedly it's fixed in the next version, or so I hear. However, that will have to wait until everything else in the pack updates to 1.0.0 and maybe even Bukkit compatibility.

Also fun to note, seems CraftBukkit finally updated, so I've been working on getting the public back up, running, and sorted out, but then Minecraft's Auth servers went down for maintenance, so I've been dicking around elsewhere until it comes back up. In short, expect the main to be back up soon, and the TechnicPack to move to 98.247.56.43:25566 sometime in the next couple days (this week is Finals week, though, so expect delays).
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Ah, that's good to know. I was messing about in Craftbukkit a few weeks ago, and it's certainly very stable now. So fun to op with it :D
This discussion has been closed.