Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Adv Dupe 2

LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
edited November 2011 in Suggestions #1
http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1136597

Thinking we might update to it, yes, no?

Edit: I just finished testing it a bit on my end, seems to work a lot faster than Adv Dupe. Also has a hella lot more options for spawning etc.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I'd say to give it a shot, AdvDupe 1 was a horribly laggy and inefficient piece of crap that we used because it was what we had. :P
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Steeveeo wrote:
    I'd say to give it a shot, AdvDupe 1 was a horribly laggy and inefficient piece of crap that we used because it was what we had. :P
    :lol: Kay will go put it on there now.

Edit: Downloading the 390MB of dupes from the server just in case something goes weird after I do this.

Edit2: Dupes downloaded, restarting server, Adv Dupe 2 installed, Checking that all is working now.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

FINAL VERDICT(of everyone but me): FAILURE

Removed, and reverted to adv dupe 1

Would you mind clarifying that?

LtBrandon - Errrr fuck I hit the edit button instead of quote >_> I accidentally deleted your post <_< sorry if my attempt to replace is a bit off..
    Steeveeo wrote:

Would you mind clarifying that?
    Everyone was saying it wasn't duping anything correctly, from what I could tell it was doing it mostly correctly, but the things I noticed were capable of causing some confusion. I noticed that sometimes you could no longer use smart snap on props and that you could no longer walk properly on them when that happened. Sometimes the cores and LS3 wouldn't display any info, but would still be functioning, everyone thought it just replaced them with props until someone had the sense to listen to me and test if they did anything or not.

TL;DR - Strange bugs were causing mass annoyance and confusion so everyone wanted it gone, some people couldn't even see the tools interface(Ask Kanzuke for info on that one).

• KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Yep. I flat out couldn't use it on the server. Posted on the thread Lt Linked at the top, the creator says he may have fixed it, but I won't know unless it's updated on the server.

I prefer to stick with what works. Even if it works slowly, badly and laggily

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    I'd say to give it a few revisions and try it again later. What it promises is much needed, so we'll have to wait for the show-stopping bugs to be ironed out.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    I'd say to give it a few revisions and try it again later. What it promises is much needed, so we'll have to wait for the show-stopping bugs to be ironed out.
    Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. I'll be checking up on it once a week on my end, if it's deemed ready for use I will put it back on the server and let the community try it out again.

Alright, I just re-added Adv Dupe 2. I'll be keeping Adv Dupe 1 on the server until the community is used to using Adv Dupe 2, but after they get used to it and I'm sure they have found no bugs with it I will remove Adv Dupe 1.

LtBrandon wrote:
    Alright, I just re-added Adv Dupe 2. I'll be keeping Adv Dupe 1 on the server until the community is used to using Adv Dupe 2, but after they get used to it and I'm sure they have found no bugs with it I will remove Adv Dupe 1.
    Did you check for conflicts before doing that?
    The two work fine together, I've used them both in single player.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    Steeveeo wrote:
    LtBrandon wrote:
    Did you check for conflicts before doing that?
    I had read somewhere in the thread that they were compatible, either way they are working fine together. Kanzuke is still(correct me if I'm wrong here) having his issue last time I checked though, that one where he couldn't see the Adv Dupe 2 menu.

Yeah I am still having that problem, but I'll try updating it clientside before I go and complain on the forum for it again. No idea what's causing it, but I remember also being the only person who had a problem with grab hulls (my camera would be inside the copy floating in space somewhere), but adv dupe 2 doesn't have a fix camera button.

And even if it did I wouldn't be able to press it :C

• jb_aerojb_aero Registered Posts: 11
    if i'm not mistaken, this has the ability to paste things that have been parented, could that perhaps help with the instant lack of performance when someone pastes a big ship?

also great job on the parenting E2 Steeveeo, it does exactly what one would want parenting to do! the parenting stools on gmod.org suck so bad :( most remove the physical properties of the parented things, and the one that is supposed to keep them makes them extra buggy, both the opposite of what you want in spacebuild. I've got a space station from single player that was made as a box and now looks like something someone would make "ive seen enough hentai..." jokes about :|
    Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me
    Thanks, kinda surprised that that chip still works. :P

Also, that's a nice Firefly quote you have there.
    On the off-topic topic of that chip, the V2 that was downloaded automatically on the old main isn't auto downloading on this server

Kanzuke wrote:
    On the off-topic topic of that chip, the V2 that was downloaded automatically on the old main isn't auto downloading on this server
    'Twas a crappy system of doing it anyway, didn't allow for updates.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file