Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Tutorials?

Golden_CrowGolden_Crow Registered Posts: 21
edited August 2011 in Suggestions #1
So I'm a total newb at SpaceBuild, I don't even own a copy of GMod yet. (As my current computer might crash anyway.)

But I'm getting a new computer on either Monday or Tuesday and with it I shall buy GMod and install SpaceBuild. (With all addons required.)

Still what I'm missing is some good tutorials to get me started as I can become bored at times when figuring out stuff myself. I've searched the Tubes and Google for available video tutorials but there are very few, and the only good series of tutorials is incomplete. So what I'm generally wondering is if anyone on the forum is making one or is interested in doing so. If one would step up to guide us newbs then I'd be very grateful. :3

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    I was thinking of making one before SB3 was released, but I never was able to release the first video. I'll look into making some time to make a few, but it might be a while before I can lol. If I can find time I'll make a test video and if I like it I'll continue, but I'll likely only release them when I finish all of them.

What areas do you need to know specifically? There is a LOT of stuff in spacebuild and I prefer not to try to do them all. For some examples:

- Building
    - Parenting
    - Diaspora specific stuff(Weapons, E2 stuff, Core system)
    - Gyro pod
    - Life support

That's all I can think of right now. I have some time tomorrow to throw together a test if you can respond fast with what you'd need to learn.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    There are a few tutorials on Youtube, and the ones by XMorcam (or something along those lines) aren't half bad, but 90% of the time you'll learn from other players, either by them calling you a dumbshit for using 8 water pumps instead of mults, or if your lucky by them giving you an actual tutorial, I know I've given a few, just depends whether you catch them in a good mood/when they aren't doing anything. So just try to play, and if you do it wrong we'll shout at you until you get it right :twisted:

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Somewhat true. If you mention that you've never played Spacebuild before, people tend to be much less rage-y and more willing to teach. So if someone starts hollering, just mention that to get them to shut it, and actually be more helpful.
  • Golden_CrowGolden_Crow Registered Posts: 21
    Thank you guy's for the response. I've been digging into the installation as I have gotten permission from a friend to use his account to download the game. It seems there is a lot of work in installing the mod as I'm currently trying to find all of the addons.

The wierdest thing is that there are more tutorials on how to install the game then there is in-game tutorials. :)
  • noldevinnoldevin Registered Posts: 27
    Yeah make sure you use the SVN method for any addons that support it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file