Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

[Add-on] Joystick Module

viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
edited January 2012 in Suggestions #1
Thread : http://www.facepunch.com/threads/403669-gmcl_joystick-DirectInput-module-with-simplified-interface

Purpose : Some of us don't really like mouse control and find it to inhibiting, using this people could build far more controllable ships

Comments

• AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Interesting addon. Dunno what's so difficult about the Mouse, but.. This seems like a pretty neat addon. Don't see the harm in it. I'll talk to Steev about it.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I am alright with it on one condition: someone with a joystick needs to test this now to make sure it still works before I add it to the server. I don't have one that really works, so I will not be able to test it, and I would rather not have yet another broken addon sitting there.
  • viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
    I can confirm it works, I use it with almost everything I make now, and I have used it recently, I'll have to show you some of the things you can do when you combine mouse and joystick control
  • donovandonovan Registered Posts: 3
    The latest also lets you use any key on your keyboard :3
  • the forcethe force Registered Posts: 36
    Has it been added to the server?
    just osting as a reminder for someone to add this to the server, due to the fact it uses a DLL you'll probably have to talk to the people who host the server for them to put it on, but that should be no problem
  • roychookroychook Registered Posts: 23
    it would be much appreciated if you guys added this actually it would pretty awesome
  • Moonwalker917Moonwalker917 Registered Posts: 8
    I tested it something like 2 months ago and it 's pretty nice with an xbox 360 controller especially when you have a lot of wiring (ex:all the ship 's gunz)
    I think it worth to install it on the server and see how people react
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    People still aim guns manually?

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • MacTrekkieMacTrekkie Registered Posts: 12
    Lambda217 wrote:
    People still aim guns manually?

It can be an advantage if your targeting system only targets, for example, ship cores, and the target has none. Or for aiming at a rapidly dodging target without homing weapons, so the built in target leading can't hit them. Or for directing explosive weapons in such a way that splash damage will hit the target when they're behind some sort of cover. Though I think what he meant was for firing all the weapons.
    "To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
    -Moby Dick
    bumping this because its been a long time and I dont want to make a new thread
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    viperfan7 wrote:
    bumping this because its been a long time and I dont want to make a new thread
    I'm considering adding it so we can see how it works as I've mentioned to several people who asked about it recently.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    if you want I can pop up a listen server so you can experiment with it without before adding it to the server, only issue I see with adding it is that the DLL is required on both client and server, at least I think so

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file