Home Development
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

What the heck sets the player's Team

Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
edited July 2011 in Development #1
I am working on fixing the main server, and have as such swapped the names on the two, but am having an issue I have not found a solution to in an hour.5: Despite having all my SA powers on said server, I am in no team. SO, aside from from autopromote, what on earth sets a user's Team?

Comments

• AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    uTeam does it. It's a lua file in the ULX modules folder.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    OK, I will try to find if I missed that when I updated some parts of ULX and then tried to re-insert our parts. Thanks!

EDIT: Na, it's got that. Quite odd.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Did you check the uTeam data folder, to see if all the teams are still there?
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    there are 3 files:

garrysmod\data\UTeam.txt
    this sets the group color, display name of the group, hp and armor, and some other things like weapon loadout.

garrysmod\data\ULib\groups.txt
    These are the actual groups and what permissions they have (ULX and otherwise)

garrysmod\data\ULib\users.txt
    this file contains the steamid of everyone that has ever joined, and what group they are assigned to.
    THIS is where you set the group you wish to belong to.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    UTeam.txt is apparently no longer used. That was my issue. I had to integrate its values into groups.txt. ATM there is no non-beta solution for restricting spawning loadouts again, but it is pretty easy to mock a hardcoded one up quick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file