Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Unknown Host Error

hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
edited July 2011 in Tech Support #1
Both me and Rettro - at least - have been spending most of the day attempting to connect to the server, only to be greeted by the Unknown Host error. I've googled this error, and it implies that the address is incorrect, however, I have checked the adress, and it is correct.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong and if so, how do deal with it?

Thanks,
hadleyr
[minecrafthead]hadleyr[/minecrafthead] -h.

Comments

• Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    It seems that there is something wrong with the domain redirection service. It should be resolved after a while.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Happens every once in awhile, but only to specific people it seems. My IP has not changed, so the IP redirection has no reason to be out of date; I believe it may be No-IP generating hiccups. Luckily it disappears about 15 minutes to 2 hours from when the problem starts.
  • RettroRettro Registered Posts: 14
    Appears fixed. And more like 30 hrs Steeveeo.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I think it was No-IP glitching up, the redirect was working intermittently for me throughout the past 2 days. Doesn't appear to be broken anymore, and I can't find the reason why it was. I logged into the No-IP account for it and everything was in order, and just after I did, it suddenly started working again.

I have no idea what that was about, but if it starts happening again, I'll bitch to No-IP.
This discussion has been closed.