Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Stargate Rings

JohnSheppardJohnSheppard Registered Posts: 14
edited June 2011 in Suggestions #1
Hello ,I was wondering why rings transporters were removed and if we can have them back
The steeveeo teleporter is not always working and it 's kinda annoying (no offenses).Rings are much cooler and always work.

Sincerly ,John Sheppard
banner_87.png [SSSS]

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Yeah, the Personnel Teleporter was a project from LONG ago, it's really buggy and has a few things wrong with it (like it spawning slightly purple, I have never figured out what causes that). However, Ring Transporters were removed because they are EXTREMELY bulky in terms of processing load, and they have a tendency to teleport planet atmospheres on certain maps.

Asgard Teleporters also work, have a bit better energy balance, and are easily tied into E2 codes that could be made to simulate a ring transporter if you really wanted to.

In short, we already have the functionality of the ring transporters in several other places, no need for another and heavy one.
  • JohnSheppardJohnSheppard Registered Posts: 14
    The Rings can teleport props and players ,if we remove the prop teleport part ,it won 't teleport map entities and everything will be nice ;)
    banner_87.png [SSSS]
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    The Rings can teleport props and players ,if we remove the prop teleport part ,it won 't teleport map entities and everything will be nice ;)
    Still leaves the redundancy issue.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    They were awesome looking though :<
    We do have SetPosition though, so maybe me or a less lazy E2 coder (hint hint) could make a E2 ring system. c:

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    Lambda217 wrote:
    They were awesome looking though :<
    We do have SetPosition though, so maybe me or a less lazy E2 coder (hint hint) could make a E2 ring system. c:
    You got it, boss!
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file