Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Alex4921's hugeass thread of suggestions

Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
edited May 2011 in Suggestions #1
Well im kind of bored at school today so i have decided to dedicate all of break and lunch to writing up a couple of suggestions for the server and collating various ideas from various people into a single thread(Mainly because i have read the last few days new articles on cracked.com actually but whatever)

Part1-Cores+Weapon Classes
Now unless you happen to have been living under a rock inside a large cave within the deepest middle eastern province imaginable(And in that case i doubt you would be here) you will have heard about the "issues" surrounding the cores and all the fixes that are being/not being done to them(Zardian seems to bear the brunt of all this arguing)
Nobody is denying something needs to be done to the cores however simply leaving them at a 4x gigantic multiplier nor reducing them to their original values is really the answer,what i propose and quite a few other people have "added onto" whenever it has been brought up in discussions is an auto-type selecting core.

How this would work:
You have the default "Ship Core" toolmenu where you select the core type you want as normal(Perhaps add in some more cores for interest,paticuarly ones with increased capactior and reduced other stat,will be explained later) but when you spawn it on a ship it detects from the size/volume of the ship the "class" of core that this ship is such as(These are just ideas):
  • Fighter
  • Heavy Fighter/Bomber
  • Light Frigate
  • Heavy Frigate
  • Light Cruiser
  • Heavy Cruiser
  • Battleship
  • Dreadnaught
  • Titan

Those above would be the default base classes and would be determined purely by ship size and no other factors such as weapons or weapon types(This will be elaborated on later in the text) and if you want detail these core classes will be determined by ship size ONLY regardless of core hull/armor/shield size as you could have a lot of boosters on a heavy fighter which nudges it up into the light frigate range and that would result in an imbalance.

But you ask what would this really do beside give some clarification on the core types and what sort of ship it is(Perhaps having an E2 function to grab the type of a paticular core for snazzy targetting systems or the like?) and i would answer that it would result in a new weapons system where the weapons are attached to the cores and use the capacitor(Check the SAS SB2 servers for an example of this and hence the addition of other cores such as a cap tank) to charge/fire these weapons ALONG WITH traditional resources such as coolant for weapons that need it,hydrogen for pulse cannons and the like but another idea i have had is that you can charge capacitors(Badly mind you) with an Energy2Capacitor power converter which should be fairly inefficent so you look at other means of charging cap such as sacrificing your precious shield relays for cap boosters but this will be reviewed later in this gigantic wall of text too.
Now for the Core "Classes" and what sort of weapons they can have:
  • Fighter-
    3 Fighter weapons
  • Heavy Fighter/Bomber-
    4 Fighter Weapons
  • Light Frigate-
    1 Frigate Weapon
    2 Fighter Weapons
  • Heavy Frigate-
    2 Frigate Weapons
    1 Fighter Weapon
  • Light Cruiser-
    1 Cruiser weapon
    2 Frigate Weapons
    1 Fighter Weapon
  • Heavy Cruiser-
    2 Cruiser Weapons
    2 Frigate Weapons
    1 Fighter Weapon
  • Battleship-
    1 Capital Weapon
    3 Cruiser Weapons
    1 Frigate Weapon(If you are wondering this is meant for asgard beam for shields)
  • Dreadnaught-
    2 Capital Weapons
    4 Cruiser Weapons
  • Titan-
    2 Capital Weapons
    4 Cruiser Weapons
    1 Frigate Weapon
    2 Fighter Weapons(How you plan to kill those pesky fighters attacking you?)
Let me stress that this is a guideline and by no means what should be fully implemetented as said becuase for a start you will see that titans obviously have an advantage over everything just like now(Bear in mind they will often not be able to have all of these weapons without sacrificing something such as shield power or repair modules).
I also noticed the problem with the fact that titans still can dick on everything so i thought of a "passive boost" system:
  • Fighter-
    50% higher speed with energy,50% even higher with PN
    Decreased PN usage of about 60% normal
    Decreased capacitor cost for repair modules
  • Heavy Fighter-
    30% higher speed with energy,40% even higher with PN
    Decreased PN usage of 70% normal
    10% more damage on weapons
  • Light Frigate-
    20% higher speed with energy,30% even higher with PN
    PN fuel usage of 85% normal
    5% more weapon damage
  • Heavy Frigate-
    10% higher energy speed,20% with PN
    PN fuel usage of 90% normal
    Normal weapon damage
  • Light Cruiser-
    5% higher speed,8% with PN
    PN fuel at normal consumption rates
    Innate boost of 5% in armour or shield(You decide)
  • Heavy Cruiser-
    10% LESS speed with energy and 5% LESS with PN
    PN fuel consumption at 105%
    Innate boost of 10% in armour or shield(You decide)
  • Battleship-
    Decreased capacitor cost for weaponary of 5%
    Increased capacitor recharge time of 5% more.
    Decreased speed of 60% normal with energy and 70% normal with PN
    Innate boost of 15% in armour,shield or hull(You decide)
    Decreased thrust of 85% normal
  • Dreadnaught-
    Decreased cap cost of 10% for weapons
    Increase capacitor recharge time of 10% more.
    Decreased speed of 45% normal with energy,60% normal with PN
    Decreased thrust of 80% normal
  • Titan-
    Decreased cap cost of 15% for weapons
    Increase capacitor recharge time of 18% more.
    Decreased speed of 40% normal with energy,60% normal with PN
    Decreased thrust of 75% normal
Now you may find a problem or two with that but remember it is just a guideline,also thinkIve finished with part 1 now for: that with these core classes defined you can remove the ThrustMult input and have it set per class as lets face it,when has anyone ever had to screw with it to get a ship to fly right and if they have we can simply have certain "normal" values for certain types of cores which will mean certain weights/sizes of ships.
Finished with S1,now for:

Part2-Weapon Effects/types etc
Just a few suggestions for the weapons:

Asgard Beam Laser-
Do something about these,they can litterally destroy any asgard shield with 1 hit and ok thats what they are made for but they do pathetic hull damage where you clearly see 2 of them slicing right through a wraith hive and 3 through an ori mothership.

Wave Cannons-
Seriously fix these pieces of shit,they do no damage and curve like some sort of banana to actually AVOID a fucking target so it would be nice to get them working at least as they look real nice.

Plasma Blasters-
Some materials would be nice for these so we dont see purple/black splotches all over the place when they are fired.

Pulse Cannons-
They need to become harder to fire and require more resources to fire as at the moment 2 on a ship is pretty much the minimujm

Antimatters-
They fly to the left or right of a target,seriously just test them as its really REALLY damn annoying seeing them miss a target which you know your targetter is feeding correct information about

Beam Weapons-
They dont work half the time unless you are hitting the origin of the prop and also they dont explode if parented but a suggestion for that is instead of having them explode would be for them to consume tons of energy and water for about 20 seconds while they calm down(Poor katelyns titan will suddenly lack drinking water)

Thats it for weapons now for:

Part3-Random Crap
Map Rotation-
A random "starting" map would be lovely as we always seem to end up on the same map,also another idea would be to dissallow voting for a map 3 times after it has been voted.
Also it would be cool to resume on the same map after a crash

Rank Additions-
We have admirals with about 1000+ hours hanging around and since thats double the time required for admiral i think these dedicated people should have some sort of rank for 600-800 hours+ which is better than admiral.

Better Prop Protection-
What we need is a prop protection with more features but none of the problems such as causing buffer overflows which this stupid one is causing quite reguarly even when NOBODY IS ON THE SERVER so i find that quite frustrating.
A random "starting" map would be lovely as we always seem to end up on the same map,also another idea would be to dissallow voting for a map 3 times after it has been voted.

Rank Additions-
We have admirals with about 1000+ hours hanging around and since thats double the time required for admiral i think these dedicated people should have some sort of rank for 600-800 hours+ which is better than admiral.

Better Prop Protection-
What we need is a prop protection with more features but none of the problems such as causing buffer overflows which this stupid one is causing quite reguarly even when NOBODY IS ON THE SERVER so i find that quite frustrating.
The quieter you are,the more you are able to hear.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Your "Part 3" seems to have duplicated onto itself at the time of this post.

I feel, and have felt for a long time, that the only way cores are ever going to be truly balanced would be a complete reconstruction from the ground up with actual balance in mind, rather than trying to be like EvE Online. Should this happen, though, all the existing cores would become null objects; just models without collisions or code behind them. Not only will that screw with dupes, but it will also take a VERY LONG TIME. If I ever get my ass back into GMod (I haven't felt like going back, for some reason), I'll try to set aside some time to write up an actual spec on some sort of new core system. If I were to do that, and we as a community actually support it (I KNOW how opposed to change some of you all are), we would not be mimicking the EvE faction names and stats any longer.

We've actually had some ideas for a new core system for quite some time, involving "Class Cores" that would interface with all the LS, Gyropods, and crap like that, and perform based on that class. Example: Fighter cores would be able to unlock the maximum speed of the Adv.Gyro, but would not run if the ship is over a certain size, and of course would only be able to support X amount of pew pew. On the other end of the spectrum, you would have Station cores, which CANNOT use Gyropods (they would automatically disable themselves), but have a very large amount of health and has little, if any limit on firepower.

Now that I've got some general stuff out of the way (and out of order, but that's not important), time for some specifics:
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Asgard Beam Laser-
    Do something about these,they can litterally destroy any asgard shield with 1 hit and ok thats what they are made for but they do pathetic hull damage where you clearly see 2 of them slicing right through a wraith hive and 3 through an ori mothership.
    This is the major problem I have with naming things and/or creating things based on existing cinematic tech. In movies and television, weapons like this are DESIGNED to be awesomely powerful. However, in any multiplayer game, having this kind of weapon is just impractical from a balance standpoint, giving a HUGE unfair advantage to one side if it's completely canon. Because of this, programmers have to gimp the ever loving hell out of these kinds of weapons with non-canonical tweaks.

Alex4921 wrote:
    Wave Cannons-
    Seriously fix these pieces of shit,they do no damage and curve like some sort of banana to actually AVOID a fucking target so it would be nice to get them working at least as they look real nice.
    As far as I am aware, these aren't even supposed to be un-adminned yet. This weapon was an experiment by Dubby to see if she could. Sadly, it fell by the wayside as she went on to other projects and was never actually given any damage code or fixed tracking. All this weapon is is a glorified firework.
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Plasma Blasters-
    Some materials would be nice for these so we dont see purple/black splotches all over the place when they are fired.
    Still not sure why this happens for some people, I'll try to convince Fuhrball to look at the FastDL to see if they're actually there. I think the programming team has been putting it off because, for some odd reason, we all see the effect (even though I don't have a local copy installed).
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Pulse Cannons-
    They need to become harder to fire and require more resources to fire as at the moment 2 on a ship is pretty much the minimujm
    I am agreeing with this. Pulse cannons are way too PEW PEW DAKKA DAKKA. If the shot delay was lengthened a bit, and shot speed was slowed, it might be more balanced with the damage output. I must say, though, that resourcing requirements seems like a bunk path for balance, since with LS3 you can just cram as much as you want into a ship and call it good; LS3 won't care. Short of writing our own resourcing (which we might end up having to), balancing the damage itself is a better solution in the short-term.
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Beam Weapons-
    They dont work half the time unless you are hitting the origin of the prop and also they dont explode if parented but a suggestion for that is instead of having them explode would be for them to consume tons of energy and water for about 20 seconds while they calm down(Poor katelyns titan will suddenly lack drinking water)
    These weapons definitely need rewriting.
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Map Rotation-
    This has already been discussed before. I need to do some research and testing whenever it is I actually get back into the GMod coding scene. However, the voting spam locking is now on my To-Do list.
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Rank Additions-
    There cannot be a better rank than Admiral. Admiral is pretty much an honorary Moderator to begin with. I have already stated many times before that we do not give administrative privileges out based on time, but rather on merit.
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Better Prop Protection-
    This is very strange, I must admit. I have not been in to see exactly what advantages the "new" prop protection has over SPP, and I don't remember Fuhr ever specifically saying what they are.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Steeveeo wrote:
    We've actually had some ideas for a new core system for quite some time, involving "Class Cores" that would interface with all the LS, Gyropods, and crap like that, and perform based on that class. Example: Fighter cores would be able to unlock the maximum speed of the Adv.Gyro, but would not run if the ship is over a certain size, and of course would only be able to support X amount of pew pew. On the other end of the spectrum, you would have Station cores, which CANNOT use Gyropods (they would automatically disable themselves), but have a very large amount of health and has little, if any limit on firepower.

If the effect on the gyropod is in effect passive, for example the pod functions normally on its own, but when attached to a ship with a core the core sends it instructions like 'slow down' this would be good. I would hate to see lots of cases of X requires Y requires Z and oh yea you can only have 1 X.

Personally, I was thinking more Station/Ship/Fighter/Drone than such a full class set.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Still not sure why this happens for some people, I'll try to convince Fuhrball to look at the FastDL to see if they're actually there. I think the programming team has been putting it off because, for some odd reason, we all see the effect (even though I don't have a local copy installed).
    I get the checkers too and do not have a local copy of the addons. I try to use addons like others would have so I join in the same condition as the average player. Truthfully if I had a way to rsync my addons folder with the server I would as it would be far easier than keeping up.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    This is very strange, I must admit. I have not been in to see exactly what advantages the "new" prop protection has over SPP, and I don't remember Fuhr ever specifically saying what they are.
    WPP has a lot of annoying as f*ck options. Fuhr seems to like it but I hate it and would love to beat the ever loving piss out of it and burn it.
  • Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
    As for duplication i typed this in notepad as the school uses an outdated IE version that fucks up with these typing boxes.
    I think the asgard laser should be removed and renamed to something such as "Polaron Pulse Cannon" or something so we can have a bit of artistic license with the effects/damage etc.

Suggestions for name:
    Polaron Beam Cannon
    Polaric Ion Lance
    Subharmonic Resonator
    Quantum Unregulator
  • MikhailMikhail Registered Posts: 24
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Polaric Ion Lance
    I place my vote for this.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Station cores, which CANNOT use Gyropods (they would automatically disable themselves), but have a very large amount of health and has little, if any limit on firepower.

What about instead the core prevents all props constrained to the core to be unfrozen? Since stations should be frozen in the first place.
    monkeyk.jpg
    Mikhail wrote:
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Polaric Ion Lance
    I place my vote for this.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Station cores, which CANNOT use Gyropods (they would automatically disable themselves), but have a very large amount of health and has little, if any limit on firepower.

What about instead the core prevents all props constrained to the core to be unfrozen? Since stations should be frozen in the first place.
    Not always,you might want a spinning part or to work on your station after placing the core.
    Should just cause a gyropod to spark and maybe make a fizzling sound,then unweld itself and unfreeze so it falls on the floor,possibly when portal 2 sounds are added it plays some snappy quote from Wheatley along the lines of "Oh dear"
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    On the subject of beam cannons, Zardian's already working on this, but I believe they need a way to stop people making them into turrets cause then you have fighters being raped by undodgable beams.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    edited May 2011 #8
    Lambda217 wrote:
    On the subject of beam cannons, Zardian's already working on this, but I believe they need a way to stop people making them into turrets cause then you have fighters being raped by undodgable beams.
    Then ships such as your frigate bypassing the speed limit of PN with an E2 drive would become utterly UNhittable.

EDIT:
    Meant UNHITTABLE.
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Then ships such as your frigate bypassing the speed limit of PN with an E2 drive would become utterly hittable.

My ship is pretty much the only one that flies with E2.

Lambda217 wrote:
    Alex4921 wrote:
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Then ships such as your frigate bypassing the speed limit of PN with an E2 drive would become utterly hittable.

My ship is pretty much the only one that flies with E2.
    No it's not.
    If you fly your ship by E2... keep it fair... There *are* ways to attack E2s btw, causing a Red Brick or general instability, so you REALLY don't want to be unfair with an E2 around me.

I forgot, another thing I wanted to look into was sub-cores. Picture being able to add a 2nd core to a ship that is associated to specific props. Then we can have parts of the ship that can be individually blown off. Of course, such things would be applied like core upgrades to the main core and be controlled and limited that way. I got tons of ideas, but I don't make my own topic for obvious reasons.
    Nielk1 wrote:
    If you fly your ship by E2... keep it fair... There *are* ways to attack E2s btw, causing a Red Brick or general instability, so you REALLY don't want to be unfair with an E2 around me.

I forgot, another thing I wanted to look into was sub-cores. Picture being able to add a 2nd core to a ship that is associated to specific props. Then we can have parts of the ship that can be individually blown off. Of course, such things would be applied like core upgrades to the main core and be controlled and limited that way. I got tons of ideas, but I don't make my own topic for obvious reasons.
    One thing about these upgrades i hate is that you gotta have like 30 of them on a big ship and its annoying,why not have a single module which you can select amount of upgrades you want in it like X amount of Shield Power Relays,Y amount of Type 3 batteries then place it and it stacks all the effects together of the shit you have selected.

I would also love to know how to red brick an E2 remotely,Lamda's ships are impossible to hit without auto tracking beam lasers(Even AimMode on a vessel cannot aim fast enough) and lets not get started on the TIE fighters.
    It depends on how the E2 is coded. It is a general vulnerability. The more advanced a person tries to make an E2, the more likely it is going to have exploits unless it was made by someone who actually knows what they are doing.

An example I can give that will only work on E2s you own, since it is the only one I want to expose, would be spamming its triggered input. If you can get a working input on the E2 and somehow send it data, do it rapidly enough and you raise its Ops. I did an experiment with this with an E2 array once. I set up a bunch of E2s to ramp up from 0 ops to something like 200 firing at a 'victim' E2 and then tell the next E2 in the array to join in when it ramped up to those 200 ops. This system used a basic decreasing variable interval and blew the target E2 in about 2 seconds. That said, it only works on your own E2s since you need to wire to the input.

There are other exploits that are more... widely available. And the one I just listed will work on anyone if you are an admin :-P, but it is also the single most primitive. To do it right you basically need a chip that rotates around possible exploitations of the target E2 until it falls on something usable.

That said, ships that fast probably can't aim anyway. I personally prefer to use bot ships in formations.

(There is also an unstable custom E2 extension or two that can randomly redbrick with nondescript errors if one codes improperly with them. This improper coding might not become apparent except in specific situations that one can recreate.

On the subject of ideas. One thing I want to do is remake Laser Systems only this time from scratch rather than basing it on Laser STOOL 2. I would make it take intermixes of ionized gasses or straight energy to modulate the beam and modify its damage potential and properties. You could picture a ship with adaptive weapons that measure their DPS, make a change, and measure again, and pick the better of the two.

That is something I want to really see. Some sort of properties for ship cores and weapons. Sort of like how fantasy games have elemental weaknesses and resistances.
    Nielk1 wrote:
    I would make it take intermixes of ionized gasses or straight energy to modulate the beam and modify its damage potential and properties. You could picture a ship with adaptive weapons that measure their DPS, make a change, and measure again, and pick the better of the two.
    >measure their DPS, make a change, and measure again, and pick the better of the two.>measure again, and pick the better of the two.
    borg.jpg

Anyway another idea
    Cooler Weapon Names
    We have pretty boring weapon names at the moment so im suggesting some new names for them that sound cooler and more RP-Ish:
    • Fighter Weapons
      Autocannon -Autonomous Solid Emission System
      Small Rail Gun-Magnetic Acceleration Cannon
      Fighter Beam Weapon-Coherent Nadeon Steam Emitter
      Laser Blaster-Tachyon Pulse Emitter
      4x Rocket Pod-Drone Deployment System MK-IV
      FLAKK Cannon-?(Help me out here!)
      Shield Stinger- Energy Depletion Projectile

Other people feel free to add to this list,as you can see ive only done fighter weapons.
    We aren't Aperture Science. We don't need to name things like that. Unless the weapon IS an AS weapon, lets refrain from the crazy names. You know that no one would call them that. It would fall to shitty names like "lightning gun" and "plasma thingy" when people went to talk about it.

Here is a thought. What if my idea is implemented for all systems. Provided both ships stayed alive, they would be constantly applying deltas to their weapons AND shields, causing neither to ever come off at optimal power. If someone ran out of the needed resources, depending on how their chip is written to adapt and how the system works (if it is a basic rotary circle of good against/bad against) the party missing that resource would fall on the next best option and the other would stick to the counter to that which was depleted until they depleted it themselves. Oh and for the lasers I would be tying the color and possibly texture into the material intermix used. I also hope to have mirrors working as well as focusing implements, however, I also plan for high plasma contents to do more damage to a mirrored surface than reflect.
    If you're talking about using mirrors as armor, anything but plasma lasers aren't really going to be used as people would just cover all their ships in mirrors. And what if people don't know how to use E2?
    It's a really interesting concept, but it just seems overcomplicated.

Lambda217 wrote:
    If you're talking about using mirrors as armor, anything but plasma lasers aren't really going to be used as people would just cover all their ships in mirrors. And what if people don't know how to use E2?
    Do you know anyone above Ensign that does not at least have a basic concept of how to use E2's?

Besides this shall result in a booming market of backdoored Expression2 weapon control systems!
    Lambda217 wrote:

We did in fact have lasers on the server and people did in fact make ships painted with the 'reflective' tool I threw it (which was just a material tool locked tot he right material). They were more meant for resource transit than as weapons, but it got sort of silly and pretty cool while it still worked.

I still have a YouTube video from when I was testing it (that old Laser STOOL 2 based version). Just find the "Nielk1" user on YouTube.
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    The station core idea i thought up a long ago, solution force only the core to be frozen.
    this way you can still have fancy spinny parts..
    well yeah you cant have the core be a fancy spinny part but comeon, its worth it.

i dont support fancy names, they complicate things for no real gameplay purpose.
    simple function-referring names will suffice. (autocannon, beamcannon, gauss-cannon(?:3))

one more thing, about my idea for beams, it pretty much would make them useless against anything below a cruiser, e2 drive or not, im open to suggestions if you think this is bad tho
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
    I think I'd prefer that beams become more like Homeworld style ion cannons. Charge up, short burst (as opposed to what we have now which goes until it either explodes or the user stops it), excellent against capital ships but can barely do anything to fighters.

I think the flak cannons would need to be changed to do extra damage to fighters as their weakness, as well as firing in clusters with a wide cone angle and random burst periods. Fighters are supposed to be really hard to hit, so scatter weapons like that would be good against them.

If we do end up going with the Class Cores, I believe that the combat would be much easier to balance, as it wouldn't be the one-size-fits-all cores we have now, and since it would be built from the ground up, would be easier to stock with preferable (balance wise) weapons and resourcing.

Hell, though, doing this would require a damned lot of changes. Just a few requirements I can think up:
    • Of course, the cores themselves would be completely rewritten.
    • The weapons we have, in their current form, would be completely scrapped. Then recoded from several base-type bullet and gun classes like the sub-list below. Each one would have their own custom effects and whatnot to be played on the gun and bullet, called from a variable in the base class of each, so no special classes for each weapon/projectile would be needed.
      • Weapons:
        • Gun Class - Straight projectile, no seeking, nothing fancy.
        • Beam Class - Laser type stuff. Would apply damage from a trace as long as the weapon's duration says it should.
        • Missile Class - Homing weapons here. This means rockets, Mjolnirs, etc.
      • Guns:
        • Cannon - Just fires a projectile. Best used with Bullet classes since it wouldn't apply a target or anything.
        • Launcher - Like Cannon, but has setting for types of seeking and targets and whatever else.
        • Laser - Specifically uses the Beam class firing and whatnot. Would have settings for charge time, duration, beam width and color, etc.
      • LS3 and RD3 entities would either have to be heavily modified or just plain rewritten to use the new core system.
      • Possible research into Game Modes to handle some of this stuff, like improved LS and core stats.
    There's probably much, much more that needs to be on that list that I just don't have the time to think up right off the top of my head. As I said earlier, I need to start writing up a spec for all this.
    One thing I never understood about gmod is everything is always made as its own class. Why not have like "cannon", "gun", "mortar" etc classes that have a series of flags and properties that when set define the specific instance. You know, like every game out there that is modifiable without code injection.
    PewPew does something like that, Niel.

Lambda217 wrote:
    PewPew does something like that, Niel.
    I have not looked yet, but might I surmise it does your standard base class process? Because then you are still defining a new class.

Don't get me wrong, that is very powerful, but it has other issues.
    Nielk, the reason why everything in Lua is a new class is because Lua in GMod is just a scripting layer for the engine's ACTUAL objects to use, spawn, and interact with the world.
    Got another idea:

New Weapon-Ship Spike(Small/Medium/Large)
    Used to ram ships with,basically a spike or something(Not a laser beam with fixed length,you cannot have a beam 'about yey big' which could possibly extend and would be used to ram ships with to inflict damage,catch is at that range you are vulnerable to spiking too.
    Reason:
    Prevent ships ramming into earth other in combat and making lag as you will get a nasty spiking,however if only 1 ship has a spike then ram away.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Nielk, the reason why everything in Lua is a new class is because Lua in GMod is just a scripting layer for the engine's ACTUAL objects to use, spawn, and interact with the world.

I *know*. But I have hit the damn class limit before. I think it is higher now though. LUA has one. Or Gmod lua does.
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    i doubt well hit something like that anytime soon with mere weapons, if we do tho, theres allways a ton of useless sbep crap we can cut
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
    It would be nice to have core damage disabled on spawn. Poor Stump's ship has been destroyed twice now :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file