Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Main Server Issues, Suggestions?

AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
edited June 2011 in Suggestions #1
And the Main is down again. I am ready to shoot my provider. Anyone wanna point me to a different/good one that's below 20 a month? Not exactly bubbling with cash here.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    ArtOfWar hasn't been giving me major issues. It's about the same cost at $250 per year for 14 slots.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Hrm. Okay. I'd probably make it a 10 slot again, since, well.. Spacebuild. But I hear that FastDL is like, an extra 10 bucks a month or something like that.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Isn't our FastDL hosted elsewhere? If you think it's for the linking, no, the $10 is for the auto-hosting of the FastDL; I am 90% sure of that.
    Ooooohhhh. Okay. My FastDL is provided by Mammoth. So if I left them, the FastDL would go as well.

Jeeze.. Only reason I haven't done it yet is because it's such a gigantic pain in the ass to move everything.

Well. I'll probably go with them, then.
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    What's the options as far as cost versus slots or only for the sake of augmenting the raw power of the server?

I am curious about how many people would gives, say, a 10$ contribution, or even 20$ without even asking anything in return.
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"
    What's the options as far as cost versus slots or only for the sake of augmenting the raw power of the server?

I am curious about how many people would gives, say, a 10$ contribution, or even 20$ without even asking anything in return.

Please, please stop reviving old topics. Pay attention to the date. Don't just post randomly. Locked.
This discussion has been closed.