Home Watercooler
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Production Diary of the SS AMER-ICA

Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
edited May 2011 in Watercooler #1
Day 1:
Ship hull is complete along with an energy storage method.
E7rcel.jpg
Above:Helpful builder helping me achieve my potential
hn1q0l.jpg
Above:Vessel shot from another angle
R2NCnl.jpg
Above:Enemy vessel in view with significantly more firepower
aB3YEl.jpg
Above:Frontal view of my underpowered vessel

Day 2:
Enemy ship has landed on the planet,attempting to identify
tEoDtl.jpg
Me attempting to identify enemy ship,contains large amounts of unknown buildings.

qTMNcl.jpg
ENEMY IDENTIFIED AS UNIDENTIFED I AM AMERICAN THEREFORE I OVERREACT OH MY GOD HE HAS NO WEAPONS BUT HE MIGHT BE REACHING FOR A GUN FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE

YMpeXl.jpg
FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
Qi1UEl.jpg
SPENDING PUBLIC MONEY ON HUGE AMOUNTS OF WMD'S FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
tJdQKl.jpg
WMD'S HAVE BEEN GREENLIGHTED FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
Lfnqyl.jpg
WMD'S FIRING FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
BmSMOl.jpg
COOL PICTURE TO SHOW HOW POWERFUL AMERICA I-FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
cUWE4l.jpg
AMERICAN JOURNALIST IN REAL "LIVE FIRE" ZONE FIRE FIRE FIRE
ix9whl.jpg
OUR WMD'S HAVE MALFUNCTIONED KEEP FIRING EVEN THOUGH EVERYTHING IS GONE FIRE FIRE FIRE
The quieter you are,the more you are able to hear.

Comments

• MikhailMikhail Registered Posts: 24
    AMERICA!!! FUCK YEAH!!!
    monkeyk.jpg
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    HOLY !@#$
    so kate i bet your commie ship couldn't stand up to the awesome power of America
    monkeyk.jpg
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Why can't people just make nice ships that are balanced by design? Why does everything seemingly have to be forced on them?

I get the point of this ship, its a statement on the situation of Titans, specifically Titan style weapon systems.

BTW, I have thought of a few ways to hyper optimize all ship combat that involves massive ships, but still, people, balance your shit.
  • Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
    Nielk1 wrote:
    Why can't people just make nice ships that are balanced by design? Why does everything seemingly have to be forced on them?

I get the point of this ship, its a statement on the situation of Titans, specifically Titan style weapon systems.

BTW, I have thought of a few ways to hyper optimize all ship combat that involves massive ships, but still, people, balance your shit.
    Nah.
    Me and mik were having a joke argument,i said americans were trigger happy in killing Bin Laden and that he could have vital info.
    So i just built a huge gun while screaming about america.
    Sometimes a gun is just a gun.
    The quieter you are,the more you are able to hear.
    I like to think of America as having changes from having the biggest gun to having the fastest gun.

That said, ANY ship called the 'AMERICA' must by all means be a Titan. If you name it after a state though, it can be smaller.
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    I'll make a new titan; larger than any other made ever.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Nielk1 wrote:

But how can we win all the time if we balance our stuff?

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Nielk1 wrote:

Why is it about winning at all costs?
    Nielk1 wrote:
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Nielk1 wrote:

Why is it about winning at all costs?
    Why isn't it?
    monkeyk.jpg
    Mikhail wrote:
    Why isn't it?

If it is about winning at all costs, then why use such an open sandbox? The very nature of Garrysmod allows one to be creative to an extreme level. To make all the ships 'super win' just defeats the point. You should be coming up with systems with both strengths and weaknesses. Yes, a sandbox this free lets you make a ship with all advantages, but that is just gay. Does it really feel good to just be another asshole with a nearly unkillable ship with every advantage and no weakness of any kind?

Hell, when I make ship systems, I try to make each unique and different. Right now most people just make a massive ship, load it with all the weapons they can hold, slap in some generic chips they either got from someone else or only made for the point of making them 'more win' than the other guy's, and then sit or fly around.

Where is the fun? Where is the invention and innovation?

Making a Titan is like starting one of those games with skills and skill-points and using a cheat-code to give yourself infinite skill-points at the start! The victories are empty, and for the people fighting against you, only if they win do they feel anything. The game should be fun for winners AND losers. Garrysmod is NOT about the win. Garrysmod is about the invention and the journey.
    edited May 2011 #14
    Nielk1 wrote:
    Mikhail wrote:
    Why isn't it?

If it is about winning at all costs, then why use such an open sandbox? The very nature of Garrysmod allows one to be creative to an extreme level. To make all the ships 'super win' just defeats the point. You should be coming up with systems with both strengths and weaknesses. Yes, a sandbox this free lets you make a ship with all advantages, but that is just gay. Does it really feel good to just be another asshole with a nearly unkillable ship with every advantage and no weakness of any kind?

Hell, when I make ship systems, I try to make each unique and different. Right now most people just make a massive ship, load it with all the weapons they can hold, slap in some generic chips they either got from someone else or only made for the point of making them 'more win' than the other guy's, and then sit or fly around.

Where is the fun? Where is the invention and innovation?

Making a Titan is like starting one of those games with skills and skill-points and using a cheat-code to give yourself infinite skill-points at the start! The victories are empty, and for the people fighting against you, only if they win do they feel anything. The game should be fun for winners AND losers. Garrysmod is NOT about the win. Garrysmod is about the invention and the journey.
    Do you have to constantly feel like you're superior to everyone around you? Every time you reply to someone, you make some long drawn out paragraph just so that you can think of yourself as smarter than the person you're replying to. It's really annoying and I'm sure others probably want to say it too, but for some reason or other don't, so I'm just going to say it now.
    monkeyk.jpg
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    hes doing those impressive long replies because he wants to get something through to your head when your not listening.
    it doesnt work.

oh and alex, ive given up on you people, fuhr restored ur cores so you can get the hell off my back and nerves and stop the silly threads allready.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
    Zardian wrote:
    hes doing those impressive long replies because he wants to get something through to your head when your not listening.
    it doesnt work.
    any idiot should have realized by now this entire thread is one big troll.
    monkeyk.jpg
    Mikhail wrote:
    -
    Perhaps I was trying to fully explain my point, or perhaps I just think you a moron who needs something drilled into their head from 1000 different angles.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Successful troll thread is successful.

Now this has gone far enough, time to close it down.
This discussion has been closed.