Home Announcements
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Planned Server Downtime

SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
edited April 2011 in Announcements #1
Seems the Dev server is going to be down for a little bit. For once the guys at Art Of War sent out an email warning, so kudos for that guys!

The email I received is below, obviously sent by a human due to some misspellings and an odd (almost sarcastic) ending line.
This message is to warn our customers that we will be doing maintenance on a system affecting your game server's uptime.

The maintenance window is on April 28th, 2011 from 3 AM EST to noon EST.

As you have most likely noticed in the last week, your system has been having alot of downtimes. This maintenance will alleviate that problem as we also take the opportunity to upgrade the software platform on the system and harden security.

We are sorry for the convenience this may cause.

Change your calendars accordingly, people!

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Just got sent an addendum:
    Because of staffing concerns, the maintenance that was supposed to happen on the 28th will happen on the 29th, same time.

Sorry for the confusion, thank you.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    I figured this could go in here:

I am getting sick of the main server going down, and then taking hours to come back up. The main server will be passworded for some time, while I try and figure out the problem. My current guess is some kind of infinite loop somewhere, and I will see if I can pinpoint this loop's source. The downtime is starting at 11:00 PM EST (About 5 minutes ago), and will continue for at least a few hours.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but this is getting out of hand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file