Home Other Games
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Aurora (4X Game)

viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
edited March 2011 in Other Games #1
quite possible the most complicated game in existence, even more so then dwarf fortress, great game, a fairly unique turn system in where you can choose how long the turn interval is, from 5 seconds to 30 days

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php

no screenshots, that would be pointless

Comments

• KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    Good lord, this thing gives me a migraine. It looks fun but it's so complex. I'm going to try and learn it.
    I figured most of it out, it's actually very fun. Seriously, it takes like two days before you really figure the game out but it inspires creativity. The moment when you get something just right, and suddenly you've mapped your entire solar system, or when you make it to another system.
  • viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
    the game gets fun once the civilian ships start popping out, after you colonize mars I hope, then once they start helping out things move quickly, and it gets quite exciting

PS have some warships ready before you get your first colony, they dont like being unprotected
    It actually took me a day to realize WHY unrest was brewing in mars. Apparently you can build infrastructure. Who knew.

Anyways I played around in "Super space god mode" and figured out more of it, and you got me addicted to this game.

IhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyou!

I have a new campaign now that has a SM password like sadgsdggsadgweagsgwseg, and I had it in my clipboard only so I could research race tech once (engines and stuff); I am now locked out of SM mode. I'm worried about finding the extra galactic invaders or the star swarm now though. Also Venus has RIDICULOUS RESOURCES.
  • viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
    actualy, I had this idea for a system to play sucsession games, wehre the DB file you be stored in a dropbox type thing, that way it could be set up so that anyone can play it, and it would automaticaly be updated across all players

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file