Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

AD1 and AD2 Not Working For Some Players

TangentDeltaTangentDelta Registered Posts: 54
edited June 2013 in Tech Support #1
So, server 1 is finally back up. Unfortunately, none of my dupes are working, and quit a few players are having the same problem. When I try to load any of them with AD2, it just says "Unknown dupe format". AD1 complains about "Failed to load dupe file". I can save new ships, and load them up just fine, but all of my existing ships won't load.

Might I add, that I could load up my dupes just fine last night when S1 came back up. Now, this morning, I can't load any of them up.

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    So, server 1 is finally back up. Unfortunately, none of my dupes are working, and quit a few players are having the same problem. When I try to load any of them with AD2, it just says "Unknown dupe format". AD1 complains about "Failed to load dupe file". I can save new ships, and load them up just fine, but all of my existing ships won't load.

Might I add, that I could load up my dupes just fine last night when S1 came back up. Now, this morning, I can't load any of them up.
    Its a known issue, its because of the gmod update a couple days ago being applied to the server. Every dupe made in the last month will be inaccessible, but everything outside of that period should be fine. Its better for everyone to start making new dupes that they will be able to open in the event that the old ones are forever broken, I hope you can understand that.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • TangentDeltaTangentDelta Registered Posts: 54
    LtBrandon wrote:

Its a known issue, its because of the gmod update a couple days ago being applied to the server. Every dupe made in the last month will be inaccessible, but everything outside of that period should be fine. Its better for everyone to start making new dupes that they will be able to open in the event that the old ones are forever broken, I hope you can understand that.
    I understand. I didn't really lose much, I had alot to improve upon anyways. I'm just worried about the less understanding members of the server...

I hope it's a fixable thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file