Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Wire Keyboard Disabled?

TangentDeltaTangentDelta Registered Posts: 54
edited May 2013 in Suggestions #1
I've asked this question several times, but my question either got pushed away by a flood of chat messages, or the answer given was along the lines of "It breaks the advanced pod controller". Why is the wire keyboard admin-only? They don't break the APC any more, as Data uses a keyboard and an APC on his ship. The keyboards that I "cheat" in using the advanced duplicator work just fine, and don't cause any problems with the APC either.

I would really like the wire keyboard to be unlocked, or made respected only, since I'm in need of more keyboard inputs for my ship. If the reason for it being locked is due to it putting a strain on the server, I'll fully respect your decision to keep it locked.

Edit: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I just figured that having the keyboard unlocked would be a huge improvement. Therefore, the "suggestions" subforum seemed like the most logical place to put it.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    The reason it was locked was because it DID screw up pod controllers, as in, they'd all get stuck on and ignore any player input or activity.

The reason why they are STILL locked is because, when I tried to fix them, the restriction menu on ASSMod was completely broken. I'm not sure if this is still the case, since I've not been on in awhile, but tell an admin that I said to unlock it when you see one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file