Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

bug with forum theme

viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
edited March 2011 in Tech Support #1
just found a bug, it turns out that lowering the alpha of the panels that show the messages also lowered the alpha of everything in them, so now I can see the text DIASPORA behind every image posted

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I don't really much like the alpha lowering of everything anyway, but I don't have access to the theme files. Perhaps if Fuhrball would PM me the FTP credentials, I can fix some stuff.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    The alpha thing was done on purpose. However, the theme files for this thing is ridiculously complicated, and since nothing is labeled, it's hard to tell how to change what.

Personally, I just wanted to make the Grey parts of the forum panels a little transparent, but.. I don't know where that's under, or what they're called. Steeveeo, you should totally PM me or something if you wanna know these things.
  • parry.jacobparry.jacob Registered Posts: 8
    The transparency would appear under a couple of properties:
    opacity: 0.60;
    -moz-opacity: 0.60;
    -webkit-opacity: 0.60;

You need to change all of them to make sure that it works in all browsers. The '0.60' is a percentage, 1.00 being 100% opaque (visible). 0 means completely transparent.

Also, the 'panels' are called 'div's in HTML and CSS-speak. :D
    -Jacob
  • viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
    the problem is is that it made the images semi transparent, however the transparency was increased, and it does get incredibly annoying

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file