Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Downloads

parry.jacobparry.jacob Registered Posts: 8
edited March 2011 in General #1
Hi!

I'm new to Diaspora, and I was wondering if there was a better place to download all of the shields, textures, and models from rather than when I join the game. I know Paper Clip had the guide with the maps, and addons, but there wasn't any reference to textures or any of the old McBuilds stuff that I see you are using.

Thanks!
-Jacob

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    If you have issues with the FastDL downloading the same materials each join, go to the Dev Server instead to download the normal way. For some reason, FastDL downloaded materials do not save.

If you mean that you just don't want to download the stuff from the server, I'm sorry, but that's the only place you're going to get them.
  • parry.jacobparry.jacob Registered Posts: 8
    I got it working now, but I what I was really getting at was if there was a way to build my stuff, with the ship cores and that, in singleplayer instead of just on the dev server.
    -Jacob
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    I don't think the custom addons will be released, as people could steal them for their own servers.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    no you cannot has our fancy custom stuff spaceage spy
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I got it working now, but I what I was really getting at was if there was a way to build my stuff, with the ship cores and that, in singleplayer instead of just on the dev server.
    The stuff we have is unique to these servers. If we released it, what would keep people coming back? :P
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    We could dress dubby up in a clown costume and have her procrastinate on WORKING ON THE SERVER. Or just the clown costume.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file