Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Installing addons in gmod13

druedandruedan Registered Posts: 42
edited January 2013 in Tech Support #1
I've been having trouble either getting the correct versions of the addons (or perhaps addon installation has changed dramatically, I haven't played in a while) and have been unable to find a decent tutorial if they have changed.

Could someone be a saint and either post the correct svn links or tell me what I have to do?

Comments

• Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Assume you've tried these?
  • druedandruedan Registered Posts: 42
    Yes, I've tried those. They download fine (except the wiremod one, which does not work due to 404 error). The problem is that gmod does not appear to know that they exist, and they don't show up in the toolbars, and I don't get the models, etc
    I lied, the wiremod link does work.

But gmod still does not recognize the existence of anything
  • FruerlundFruerlund Registered Posts: 7
    Did you make sure to change any txt documents in the name of the folder from

INFO to Addon?
    Yes sir I did.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    All addons install just the same as they used to. Insure you have the latest links from this thread and use your favorite svn client to put them in garrysmod/garrysmod/addons. For example with SBEP the lua folder might be at garrysmod/garrysmod/addons/sbep/lua.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    Yes, I've got those addons, et cetera.

Perhaps it's an issue with mac. I've heard hints of an addon issue with mac but haven't confirmed that it exists.

Does anyone else on the server run osx 10.8 or above?
    Mac is probably your problem, gaming one one of those bricks is a nightmare.
    It's not really that much of a problem, it just tends to not play well with Steam / Garry's Mod.

Garry's Mod has always had issues with OSX.
    I mean games in general. Steam is beginning to solve problems for Mac users, but most games remain decidedly incompatible.
    Meh. I like my Mac.

The company is going to hell so I'll have to switch sometime, but it runs the games I actually play perfectly well, so I'm content.
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Running Mountain Lion here, and although I haven't exactly been playing much Gmod 13 recently (Halo 4 being out and all), last I tired to play on the server, I got the same problem; not a single mod in my addons folder was registered. I did all the required things, destroyed any lua files, renamed the info.txt, but not even the Wiremod svn download worked properly. Other than downloading addons directly from the in game browser (the .gma files), the game refuses to be anything other than vanilla.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    FINALLY

At least now I know I'm not the only one and can count on Garry to fix it.

Eventually.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Just as an alternative to using them as addons, you CAN make it work by putting all the models and materials into your garrysmod/garrysmod folder. I asked someone having the same problem as you to try it yesterday, and it did indeed work for them. Just remember to clean the folder out when garry fixes the issue or you'll have a mess forever.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • MikeMikeMikeMike Registered Posts: 2
    Hello,i have a problem with SBEP doors.I see only shadow.I tried to download new SBEP byt it's still same.Can you help me?

If yes send me a message to this email: halocombatevolved@seznam.cz

thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file