Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Ban Request: Roychook.com

Psi-Xi 7Psi-Xi 7 Registered Posts: 28
edited February 2011 in Bans & Appeals #1
Myself and a few others have gotten tired of him. He led a movement to deny me from joining the server by spawning big ships en masse.
There is a chatlog from someone inside the server who told me this:
Friday, February 25, 2011
7:14 PM - Psi-Xi 7: Basque
7:14 PM - Psi-Xi 7: Whats going on
7:15 PM - Psi-Xi 7: The server rso'd me 9 times
7:15 PM - Basque: ya, these kids are like "hey, psi is coming on...that guys an ass lets put a bunch of big ships up"
7:15 PM - Basque: roychook is leading it like a faggot

And as this conversation continued...
7:19 PM - Psi-Xi 7: Are you SURE they are spawning masses of ships
7:19 PM - Psi-Xi 7: I am using THIS CHAT as a reference
7:19 PM - Psi-Xi 7: TO get this idiot banned
7:19 PM - Psi-Xi 7: Who else is doing it?
7:19 PM - Basque: aight, 1 sec i'll type accurately and such
7:20 PM - Basque: when u went to log on, roychook insisted that everyone begin to spawn large laggy ships to prevent u from logging on
7:21 PM - Basque: this was followed by roy beginning to spawn a ship and admiral cole saying something to the effect of "once he's on, i'll just kill him in spawn"
7:22 PM - Basque: i dunno if that's bannable anywhere? but they're both fags in my book
<Side conversation>
7:23 PM - Basque: but if u post it, it's not my ban request
7:23 PM - Basque: i'm just saying what happened
7:23 PM - Psi-Xi 7: I will note that

This is simply a ban request for Roy Chook. I believe intentionally loading the server to cause players to RSO upon joining is a violation of rules? Specifically the part of the rules where it says "Don't be a dick"
Etc.

I will respect all juridiction and decisions made of this matter.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I can confirm what was said about Roy trying to incite people to lock you out, server logs show me at least that much. However, they're just words and I do not see ship spawns from the console.

What I did see, though, was not only a lot of hate against you, Psi, but also claims that you were threatening Roychook and Rema with some sort of "Crashbot". This is what I can tell from the noisy HLSW logs, at least.

I will wait for Roychook's side to figure out how this ends, but I will say this: You two need to stop ragging on each other. I don't care who started it, I don't care how easy Psi supposedly is to troll, I don't care the reasons at all, really, but it is not conducive to a good community, and I am getting really sick of it.
  • Psi-Xi 7Psi-Xi 7 Registered Posts: 28
    The crashbot I made up.
    I did so to threaten Roy, or rather, "convince" him to stop elling others to spawn ships to deny my entry.
  • roychookroychook Registered Posts: 23
    I would like to say my side and im not gonna say who started it cuz that doesn't matter as you said before what I will say is that i was joking about the lets make big ships the server was laggy as it is and i would not make it any worse when psi was rso ing not being able to get to the server i was working on my core targeting chip and had about 4 or so small props out to test it and that is what remained on private chat I did tell psi that i was going to spawn a laggy ship just because he accused me off it when he couldn't log on but again those are only words and are mostly made up like his crashbot. Neilk1 was console at the time and I asked him when i was being threatened with a ban from psi if he could confirm my story that i had not in fact spawned anything to lag or gotten anyone else to as well. I do not mind making peace with psi but recently i have gotten fed up with the fact that he acts as a moderator and killed me and a friend when we were hitting a ship core to see if the e2 i made to display core health on my hud worked. He then said no violence on server so yea i started bothering him about that because of my aggravation with his attitude. But I had usually not talked to him from what i remember so its only the recent couple of days that we have actually been fighting.
  • Psi-Xi 7Psi-Xi 7 Registered Posts: 28
    Time to rant~
    I dont act like a moderator. If telling people to stop shooting is acting like a moderator, then we all have acted like moderators. And by the by, you never said you were testing that core, from my looks it was 3-4 people trying to blow it up with crowbars. Next time be more specific, and less crowbarattack spam
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Roychook: Console operators cannot see the world. The most we can do from in there is read error prints, chat, and run Lua commands (which may help to debug, if you know where you're looking). There is no actual way Nielk would have been able to confirm that from in there. Also, that hurt to read; that entire block was like 3 giant run-on sentences.

Psi-Xi: Threatening other players like that is unacceptable, whatever the situation or level of truth. Also, people do not need to tell you when and what they're doing whenever they do it, you are not the head of a bureaucracy.

Finally, at the risk of sounding blunt, you need to chill the hell out! I've seen it, all the players have seen it, and I am not talking about just this incident. You are extremely quick to anger and yell at people who aren't even affecting you. I don't know if you care what others think of you, nor do I care if you care, but this sort of short-tempered attitude makes people want to poke fun at you, even if they mean nothing by it. If you keep yelling at our players, you may find yourself under the gun here.

Final verdict:
    Roychook, stop harassing Psi-Xi. Psi-Xi, do not threaten people like that. I won't ban either of you for now, but if shit like this continues, I might.
This discussion has been closed.