Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Troll in Battle Server!

JoaquinJoaquin Registered Posts: 9
edited July 2012 in Bans & Appeals #1
Hello, I'm Joaquin.

I want to make a complaint about a guy that was trolling and trolling all the time with his stupid E2 machine with turrets and a Spacebuild Gun.

Be known that this happened inside of a planet, and as far as i know it is forbidden to attack inside of a plane in Battle Server... Right?
Well, i have pictures prubing that he did it. Oh, and his nick is Kosmos (anyways there's a picture showing it)

This is the picture showing his nickname.

1F8092A755479D6E469BAC4BC9C6821C0B9AC2D5

I hope that something be done about it, and if it is aloud to attack and troll ships inside of planets, then i am VERY sorry.

Sorry for my bad english, IF i have a bad english. I dunno xD (I'm Argentine, that's why i have latency on the server)

I'm sorry for not uploading a lot of it. I have more (if you want) but the forum doesn't allow me to put more then 1 image :P

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Alright, first, can you post a console log of him killing you/your ship, and his SteamID?

Second, did you tell him to stop?

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • JoaquinJoaquin Registered Posts: 9
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Alright, first, can you post a console log of him killing you/your ship, and his SteamID?

Second, did you tell him to stop?

I did tell him to stop a lot of times, I even insulted him (which is something that didn't result at all...) and about his steamID and console log. How can i get it?

The only thing that approaches to what you're asking for is the Shield of my ship which was very lower. (like 40% less)
    You can open the console by pressing ` or ~ , and get his SteamID when he's on the server by typing in "status".

Lambda217 wrote:
    You can open the console by pressing ` or ~ , and get his SteamID when he's on the server by typing in "status".

I will see what can i do but. isn't it enough with his Nickname?
    Depends whether or not the Battle server has a log, I'll ask.

• NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Battle server has logs, need time of incident in CEST (GMT +1).

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    Battle server has logs, need time of incident in CEST (GMT +1).

It says 4:53 PM, but it must be AM. Anyways, i was playing when it was night so for my time, it must between 23:00 and 1:00. So for you, you should check the server log between 3:00 and 5:00 AM.
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Note, his SteamID is STEAM_0:0:41127237

Anyway, I've asked him to come to this thread and post his side of the story, so we'll see what happens from there.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    Note, his SteamID is STEAM_0:0:41127237

Anyway, I've asked him to come to this thread and post his side of the story, so we'll see what happens from there.

Okay. Anyways he won't have much to say because he did it without any reason.

i'm waiting...
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    I personally find your images hard to use as proof, you were always looking above or below the object in the image so it never showed the owner. Tbh I don't see anything more than the firing effect of the light missile launcher in the 2nd image, and in the 3rd I see only a rotary launcher with light missiles on it. Those light missiles would require a power source, which I'm not seeing.

Now, I'm not trying to say that he didn't attack you, but I'd like to look into it a bit better. Until we get his side of the story and I go over the logs at the time you posted he will remain unbanned.

Don't respond to me with hate, you'll only make yourself look dumb!

Edit: After scouring some 30 log files from both ULX and the source engine, I've not been able to find this incident in any of the logs. You said you had more images/info so could you please post it?
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • KosmosKosmos Registered Posts: 2
    First I want to say 3 things:
    1: Sorry for not responding but i di9dnt get the activation mail.
    2: As far as I know it is not allowed to somehow use weapons on the spawn planet (not ALL planets).
    3: I didn't get ANY of the messages he wrote (no idea why).

Let's start with what I remember of that day OK?
    When I came online there were two players, he and someone else (I don't know his name but he left soon after). Both seemed to be AFK so I didn't bother. To that drone he shows us, yes that's mine but a modified version. I use these to check the environment on other planets and to mine ore. I do not use turrets normally. Anyways I started building my LS then mining and he started building his ship. When I once came back he started smashing me and my stuff with his ship. And obviously destroyed it. Just a side note: do you know how difficult it is to completely charge a battery? I asked him why he did that but didn't get a response. I rebuilt my drone with turrets and started looking at him, using it. He started hitting it with a crowbar and I killed him. Then he destroyed my stuff again and killed me all the time. I even went to the desert planet (or tried to). He followed me and killed me while I was still in space. Another side note: I can't imagine how he is able to target me with a gun while I'm flying trough space and having the same color as the background (because i didn't see him at all). But After a while he stopped killing me and went off with his spaceship. When he came back the first thing he did was killing me again. I managed to get to another planet and built a base there, including that flying SB gun (which was a ship at first but he destroyed it with his weapons). So i started attacking his ship too. I don't' know why I shall not defend myself.
    LtBrandon wrote:
    in the 3rd I see only a rotary launcher with light missiles on it. Those light missiles would require a power source, which I'm not seeing.
    There are missiles that do not require anything to fire, but as far as my testing goes I can say that they don't do damage.
    As he says, its just a troll (if I'm understanding the word correctly) and not an attack. Just to tell him to stop.
    I'm sorry but I do not have pictures or the chat / console log myself. If you have questions I will like to answer them.

EDIT: Something you might want to consider when deciding what to do:
    If you didn't read my messages then it is your problem.

At the time you said that i was moving my ship all around so i could destroy your things, you didn't say that the one who was moving my ship it was YOU. But How? off course with his stupid E2 thing by gettin' inside of my ship and moving it around.
    I kept killing you because you did keep shooting my Ship!

I will give the link of the rest of the images:

http://k42.kn3.net/FA79A551C.jpg This image prubs that he was attacking my ship, i mean, there you can see HIM hitting it with a rocket

http://k40.kn3.net/1B8BE7629.jpg

http://k32.kn3.net/4A38B5A9D.jpg

http://k34.kn3.net/9D949A046.jpg

http://k35.kn3.net/25DCF458B.jpg

And about seeing you throw space, that's stupid. It depends upon my video configuration and yours. You may not see a Charple throw space, but i do (not very good but i do.)
    Also when you said that you were trolling but not attacking (with that SB Gun)... What's the difference? you just auto-blamed yourself -.-

So, if you can't read messages on the ChatBox, then try DISCONNECTING so no one will report you never again... (At least)

EDIT: In your attached image, if you do want to show what i saw, it shows that i have 40 kills and you 8, and in mine, i have -1 and you 8 (or something) but how could someone know if those kills were to another person? no one could, can and will can know that. And even if those kills were for you, then you did deserve it.
    I would like to have the amount of hate I'm feeling from this thread go down. Joaquin, the images you posted don't seem to allow me to view them could you please put them on a different website?

Honestly I cannot find anything about this incident in the logs so it is REALLY bloody hard to figure out which of you is the dim-wit I'm banning :|

One final note for the both of you, I'm not much a fan of killing on the spawn planet regardless of what the other party said or did. If someone is being an asshat to you please just demo it and show it here without blowing the other person up because they did something to your collection of pixels. You will get them punished MUCH faster by doing it that way. I'm going to get some opinions from a few other admins, depending on what they have to say you both might get banned or this thread will be locked.

edit: Sorry if I seem like an ass in this post, but I'm really tired right now.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I'm not sure there's anything conclusive in this thread, but I am kinda curious about the second scoreboard screencap. It's the exact same screenshot but with the KDR changed, and I am inclined to believe that the second is a Photoshop of the original, which doesn't bring a lot of credence to Kosmos' side. As for Joaquin, all those images are 403 - Forbidden, so I can't actually glean any information out of those.

If anyone knows how to look for the signs of a doctored image, I would recommend doing so on both images, just for clarification.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    If anyone knows how to look for the signs of a doctored image, I would recommend doing so on both images, just for clarification.
    Upon closer examination of those images I can point out that Kosmos' image has the exact same compression artifact pattern as Joaquin's image, but the amount of artifacting is a lot higher. This combined with the fact that Kosmos' image was posted as an attachment(Joaquin's is an image from steam) would point to it being a photoshop'd image with a lower save quality than the original.

Though until I can find something in the logs or someone posts evidence that Kosmos has been doing minge-like things on the server I can't tilt my head towards either side.

What the... it is true! Kosmos' Image is photoshoped!!

look OUTSIDE the score tab. it has the same background as mine!!!
    Now THAT is a prub that he did something...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhq6n09vbnni0 ... _20007.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evjq9pv36l2lo ... _20003.JPG He is attacking my ship here. This should do something!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpc8qeya0qgfi ... _20008.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzxyhtezum9k6 ... _20006.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txea0e58s9n4d ... _20005.JPG

I'm giving you this links because this forum doesn't let me to put images.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Joaquin wrote:

If you would like further help on this issue, I would recommend dropping the "OMG BAN BAN BAN" attitude and present your evidence in a slightly more professional manner.

That being said, there still isn't a lot of information to get from these images, since they don't record either the shooter, target's owner, or even chat logs. Taking a DEMO is pretty much the most conclusive thing you can do in a situation like this, and if someone could write a guide on how to do that, these reports would go of SO much smoother.

Despite the shaky evidence for, the only evidence against is the other side's story and a possibly Photoshopped scoreboard.
  • KosmosKosmos Registered Posts: 2
    Joaquin wrote:
    Yes I know and I never said something else. I'm just saying that it is possible to modify the images like this.
    LtBrandon wrote:
    Steeveeo wrote:
    image with a lower save quality than the original.
    I always use save quality 100% and I even reduced the artifacts (some of them).
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Kosmos wrote:
    Joaquin wrote:
    Yes I know and I never said something else. I'm just saying that it is possible to modify the images like this.
    LtBrandon wrote:
    Steeveeo wrote:
    image with a lower save quality than the original.
    I always use save quality 100% and I even reduced the artifacts (some of them).

That was deliberately misleading and you know it.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Joaquin wrote:

If you would like further help on this issue, I would recommend dropping the "OMG BAN BAN BAN" attitude and present your evidence in a slightly more professional manner.

That being said, there still isn't a lot of information to get from these images, since they don't record either the shooter, target's owner, or even chat logs. Taking a DEMO is pretty much the most conclusive thing you can do in a situation like this, and if someone could write a guide on how to do that, these reports would go of SO much smoother.

Despite the shaky evidence for, the only evidence against is the other side's story and a possibly Photoshopped scoreboard.

i never said OMG BAN BAN BAN or have that attitude. Dont miss understand what i say. I just was surprised because he photoshopped the image.
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    This thread has run its course, and it looks like we have all the information we can get.
    I'm locking this thread pending irrefutable evidence of one party's guilt.

Admins have permission to edit with additional information.
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
This discussion has been closed.