Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Server Problems? Glitchy Maps, Unable to connect?

RagetankRagetank Registered Posts: 34
edited April 2012 in Tech Support #1
I have noticed recently that gm_solarsystems_v3 has some glitchy shaders and when im constructing my ship my screen will go black when i move around the map, also when the server changes maps i cant rejoin for about 30 minutes and some times it just goes into negative time.
Lastly Ive only seen the server play 3 maps lately: gm_solarsytems_v3,sb_forlon_sb3 and sb_vaccum_rc1
EDIT: Server also has unusually high ping maybe needs a restart?
Thanks In Advanced
Ragetank
Follow my Company on MODDB Thank you!
http://www.moddb.com/company/ragetank-industries

Comments

• andrbootandrboot Registered, Administrator Posts: 46
    Hi Ragetank,

Depending on which server you are connecting to, you may see a High ping however this does not exactly affect your gaming experience..
    What server have you noticed the map load & "glitchy" problems on?
    Known as Clakattack ... or "ClakofDeath" xD
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Unless someone changed my MapRotator addon, it should not be going negative at all, as it calls for the map switch when the timer is less or equal to 0. It may, possibly, go negative if the map fails to switch for some reason, but I am not sure why.

As for not being able to rejoin for 30 minutes, I am not sure what would cause that. What is the error you are getting?

Final note: HLSW says that the new server is located in Germany, so if you're in the US, you will get high ping due to that.
  • RagetankRagetank Registered Posts: 34
    I usually Play on The US Build server, Which i normaly Get 220-260 ms on becasue i live in aus but the day i had posted this my ping was at 500ms for some reason may of been me but im not sure. Also Steeveeo ill screen shot the time bug next time i see it.
    Follow my Company on MODDB Thank you!
    http://www.moddb.com/company/ragetank-industries

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file