Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Life Support E2 extension

MrStumpMrStump Registered Posts: 24
edited February 2011 in General #1
I have been actively looking for an E2 extension. I've done some asking around and I was told you may have control of it now. The extension I'm referring to is the one which can read planet atmospheres using only e2. lsname(), lsCO2amount(), etc etc. I primarily wanted this extension for myself, but if you do control it, could I also have permission to give it to others who ask, or to other servers?

Thanks for the time
Stump

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I don't have contact with the person who made it, but it should be pretty dang easy to write an extension group. Just find someone who knows how to write a basic E2function (could be you, I don't know), then look in the Spacebuild's Lua for the variable names of each thing.

That's basically all the extension is.
  • MrStumpMrStump Registered Posts: 24
    I was told that john.walker.ii wrote it originally, but the person who told me wasn't sure. And I did find this http://www.snakesvx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1112 which has much of the same functionality (a little more or less in different areas, but basically the same). Just if I was going to spread this around, I would prefer to spread the one that is already out there, rather than spreading an opposing system.

But thanks for the help. If I don't hear from john walker, I'll just invest in the one I posted.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Thank you for pointing that out, actually. I am going to switch the server to use this in a bit, it's got a LOT more stuff than we have in our current LS functions, and since it's SVN, it's supported and more likely for people just coming into the server to have used it at some point.

Thanks for the tip off!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file