Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Ban Request: Puff Machine

EskirEskir Registered Posts: 23
edited August 2012 in Bans & Appeals #1
If someone could supply a steam ID for this thread, I would be grateful as I forgot to copy it before the server seemingly crashed.

I was playing on the server with a friend and puff machine earlier today, then extreme lag happened:
1zv5ybr.jpg

Since It couldn't be me or my friend (we had practically nothing) we asked puff what he was doing and if he could stop:
33m741y.jpg

He obviously didn't stop and after a while we began searching around for him, we found him on that small planet with loads of E2s spammed all over it:
2eupzq1.jpg
o01c7d.jpg
(last image taken by my friend)

I'm not directly asking for an outright ban as I left as soon as I saw it to get here, but I would like to ask for some punishment.

*Right click -> Show graphic if it cuts off.

Also, he tried shooting at us once we were on his planet and yelled "OF MY PLANET, I WILL KILL YOU ALL"

EDIT: Please use the RIMG tags for large images. -Steeveeo

Comments

• VondoomskiVondoomski Registered Posts: 1
    I was there. I can vouch for eskir. This guy lagged the server in the most terrible of ways, and he refused to even stop once asked(also continued to threaten us.)
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Please post a SteamID and any chat logs if possible. Also, someone redirect Puff Machine in here so he can say his side of the story.
  • EskirEskir Registered Posts: 23
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44120932
    I don't have any chatlogs except for what the screenshots say, maybe the console logs will help there though.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Would be good if you had a word with Puff about his E2s. A while back he spawned one that caused props to fly at Kanzuke on spawn. Including props that belonged to ships people were working on. Then he went AFK while we were asking him to remove it. Might be a good idea to add a ownership check to the custom E2 functions, by the way. Not asking for a outright ban either though, because Hanlon's Razor.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Based on what I'm seeing in those screen shots, this is an E2 he has been asked to not spawn in the server while people are on. Did it involve lots of holograms that flew around or fell slowly to the ground?
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Would be good if you had a word with Puff about his E2s. A while back he spawned one that caused props to fly at Kanzuke on spawn. Including props that belonged to ships people were working on. Then he went AFK while we were asking him to remove it. Might be a good idea to add a ownership check to the custom E2 functions, by the way. Not asking for a outright ban either though, because Hanlon's Razor.
    I've had a word with him about his E2s lagging on several occasions, most of them were fixed, but some still seem to go nuts on the lag.
    Eskir wrote:
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44120932
    I don't have any chatlogs except for what the screenshots say, maybe the console logs will help there though.
    I can get chat logs for you if you can give me the time it happened in PST(GMT -8)
    Vondoomski wrote:
    I was there. I can vouch for eskir. This guy lagged the server in the most terrible of ways, and he refused to even stop once asked(also continued to threaten us.)
    Oh? Please do tell me more. I've seen him refuse to stop using laggy E2s, but he has never threatened anyone over it from what I've seen.

On a related side-note: If anubis sees this thread he is going to be all over it trying to get Puff banned.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • EskirEskir Registered Posts: 23
    Time must've been about 15:00, I'm not sure. It was 21:00 GMT+1 I know for sure (I'm from germany), I just don't know the exact conversion right now.
    Also what vondoomski refers to here is probably this:
    24qvh8g.jpg
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    I can vouch for this thread. It may be on a more personal level, but I have seen him do more than his fair share of rule breaking, idling, disobeying admins, spamming laggy ass e2's, and being a general dick. I bet you at least 1/4 his hours come from idling, if not more so.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I can vouch for this thread. It may be on a more personal level, but I have seen him do more than his fair share of rule breaking, idling, disobeying admins, spamming laggy ass e2's, and being a general dick. I bet you at least 1/4 his hours come from idling, if not more so.
    Got any evidence to corroborate this? Namely, call in the admins he was disobeying and have them give the story.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Got any evidence to corroborate this? Namely, call in the admins he was disobeying and have them give the story.

Just ask Brandon.. he could tell you most of what he does.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Steeveeo wrote:

Just ask Brandon.. he could tell you most of what he does.
    He rarely does things the things that you describe when I'm around so unless you have some proof..? In general he listens, but there has been times where he hasn't listened. I've seen him idling a lot, but that goes for just about every player I've seen on the server recently. Really all I could say is what you complain to me about, and most of what you complain about he never does in front of me so I can't say much for you.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    Why this thread isn't locked is beyond me o.O

Also necro.
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Oh, hey - a necro post. Time to lock this thread.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
This discussion has been closed.