Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

A couple minges attacking my ship on spawn.

MechanosMechanos Registered Posts: 8
edited October 2011 in Bans & Appeals #1
As per Steeveeo's advice, I'm posting a somewhat crappy screenshot of me being attacked on spawn.

Edit: Linking to it on steam, the image was over the 256 KB limit.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mechanos/s ... 167475348/?

This is how it went down, short version, since I already posted about it. Was working on a ship with a friend, tried out an e2 from wire forums. "crazyninjas" joined and spawned a ship. Upon detecting his node, the new chip spazzed and caused mega lag. Then a friend of crazyninjas named Clakattack joined, and pointed the finger at my ship. He was partially right, being that it was that chip. But with the chip removed, I tried to work on my ship, and the two of them proceeded to make threats and eventually crazyninjas attacked all my stuff on spawn.

Chat logs should show the basics of what went down, although it will be a little out of context as crazyninjas was using his mic. And we all did a bit of smack talking. However I never retaliated once. Salmonman witnessed all of it. And while Clakattack didn't destroy anything of mine, he is the one that talked crazyninjas into attacking me.

In the screeny, I have his node targetted with the adv hud showing his name, just before my ship was destroyed. And another thing to note, the offending chip was long removed from my ship and they proceeded to attack me anyway.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Please post their SteamIDs here and redirect them to this forum so we can hear their side as well.
  • MechanosMechanos Registered Posts: 8
    edited October 2011 #3
    I don't have their steamID's. Wouldn't the logs be a more reliable source of information? -snip-
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Logs rarely ever catch what we need from them, due to things not logging and voice chat not recording, they are not reliable.

Also, think of it this way, if we were to ban them without letting them explain themselves, that would be setting a BAD precedent, where players would make a huge deal out of minor altercations or even flat-out lie to get other players banned, it has happened before. If you see them, redirect them here, or else nothing will be accomplished.

And hey, if they don't log into the server again in order for you to call them in, that works just as well.
  • MechanosMechanos Registered Posts: 8
    Understandable. If I happen to bump into them, I'll link them here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file