Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

HELP ADMIN (Server related issues)

Lankaster6Lankaster6 Registered Posts: 4
edited September 2011 in Tech Support #1
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ONTO SPACEBUILD FOR WEEKS. DIASPORA SERVER SEEMS NICE. I WANNA PLAY. I GOT ALL THE DLS AND PUT THEM WHERE THEY NEEDED TO BE. WHENEVER I HIT INTO CONSOLE CONNECT (ALTERNATE SERVER IP HERE) IT TIMES OUT, OR FREEZES.

Can someone please help me? Im running windows seven Home Premium Laptop. I think around 4-5 Gigs of ram. Gmod runs smoothly at default on here.

Dear friend, Lank

PLEASE reply admins.. i really want to play =(

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    To start off, the all-caps is not needed.

Secondly, which IPs were you trying to connect to? You say "(ALTERNATE SERVER IP HERE)", which means what, exactly?
  • Lankaster6Lankaster6 Registered Posts: 4
    Sorry for the caps... Thanks for reading this, and replying. The IP im putting into the console is as follows: 69.46.43.194:27015
    Also, My port is open for that number, both UDP, and TCP
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Lankaster6 wrote:
    Sorry for the caps... Thanks for reading this, and replying. The IP im putting into the console is as follows: 69.46.43.194:27015
    Well, the ports shouldn't be an issue unless you're trying to host, but might as well keep them open for now until we fix the problem.

I have restarted the server recently, a couple other people were complaining of insane lag and the map timer being all screwed up, so perhaps that was related and it's fixed now. Please try connecting and get back to us on that.
  • Lankaster6Lankaster6 Registered Posts: 4
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Lankaster6 wrote:
    Well, the ports shouldn't be an issue unless you're trying to host, but might as well keep them open for now until we fix the problem.

I have restarted the server recently, a couple other people were complaining of insane lag and the map timer being all screwed up, so perhaps that was related and it's fixed now. Please try connecting and get back to us on that.

Thanks for letting me know. Due to the restarts and stuff, I am able to connect now. Here is the funny thing:
    A. Wires wasnt installed right
    B. I COULD log on, it just took me over 45 minutes, or i usually got a error.timeout msg.
    C. Also, I had to DL maps everytime, contributing to the timeout error.
    D. I also had to get on the first time with over 500 DLs to make. Lol.
    E. Until i found this website with all the SVN links.
    F. Prob is fixed...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file