Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Significant bug found in Caches/Nodes/Batteries

MrStumpMrStump Registered Posts: 24
edited August 2011 in Tech Support #1
I have been writing a new resource E2 when I ran into an issue. I was using steam generation, the usual system (pump/heavywater/steamturbine). All the generators and 1 cache were connected to a node (Node A). A few caches and some huge batteries were attached to another node (Node B). The water and oxy/hyd filled up just fine... but the energy was filling up VERY slowly. I was producing around 1 million energy but the storage was only filling up a 1000 or so at a time. We did lots of testing. We connected a ZPM (nothing else) to Node A and it was only filling batteries at 200k a second. The more energy storage I added, the more production seemed to slow. If I only used caches, it all worked perfectly.

And most importantly, if I either connected all storage to Node A or the steam turbine to Node B, the energy filled at regular speed.

The issue here is this is a generation e2 designed for distribution, and it doesn't work if people have a lot of storage connected to the primary node by another node. I reproduced this bug many times, through server restarts as well. I am SURE I was producing lots of energy (I was producing an excess of 5 million with 6 caches and 9 batteries, the most extreme test I did) but the energy levels filled about what the caches alone would hold, and then failed. Until I linked those batteries and caches to Node A and then they filled in 10 seconds just fine, with all the mults coming from my e2 not changing.

I wish I could say exactly where the issue is... caches, nodes or batteries, but I can't be sure. But it is an issue, especially for resource generation.

EDIT: I also ran into an issue where I had 1 cache linked to Node A and a few linked to Node B and I tried ti empty the cache with an Amount of 1 mil and it only emptied the local cache. I tested on my vanilla LS3 and it did not do the same.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    RD3 will attempt to fill the first node's storage first, before any other nodes. Check to make sure that the first node's energy storage is completely full.
  • MrStumpMrStump Registered Posts: 24
    Yes and no. Here's a screen of what my readouts look like (With the Level and Delta for each resource) with 1 cache on Node A and 5 on Node B along with 9 huge batteries
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59694 ... 6BB0F680C/
    On Debug, GEAR is what my gens are being multiplied by. It is staying consistent at around 10k. The colored bars on the right in that object are holo resource bars, they stay at this level, energy being white, water blue, oxygen yellow. My energy hit 4 million, dropped to 2.8, then would go up to 3.something and drop back down to 2.something. The indicator lights for each gen stay on, so I am not trying to draw too much of 1 resource causing a gen to shut off. Energy use and output are staying consistant

Here is what the node looked like (Node A, attached to gens and 1 cache).
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59694 ... 9FB1AA74E/
    I stood looking at it and the energy would jump up to being full, go to about 1/4 full for 5 seconds, then go empty again. This would repeat every 20 seconds or so.

I am very confused as to what the fuck is happening... is the system drawing energy for the waterpump/heavywater from Node A, emptying its energy, which is then causing all the excess energy from the steam turbine to just vanish?

EDIT: I just realized, 3 million is what 6 caches (what I had total) would hold. Its the batteries that are eating my energy unless they are linked to the node generating the power.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file