Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

I have a dream..

NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
edited August 2011 in General #1
I stand here, in front of my keyboard as all of you do reading this.

I have a dream..

I had a dream where everybody would self check for buggy e2s, where contraption would be build with a clever method preventing colisions, where ship would be judge not by the amount of hp but by the content of their character.

oh I have a dream...

I have a dream that one day this server will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all e2s are created equal."

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to sb_battlegrounds with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of props a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our e2s into a beautiful symphony of pulse cannons firing. With this faith we will be able to work together, to build together, to struggle together, to go to kobol together, to stand up for freedom of space together, knowing that we will be free of lag one day.

And when this happens, when we allow blasters to blast, when we let it blast from every planet and every lag bunker, from every map and every day, we will be able to speed up the server tick that day when all of ship class, fighter, capital, cruiser and frighter will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Mcbuild spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free from lag!"

..Until another noob joins
"...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    lol good luck with that

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    The only way to achieve this dream is to close our borders to new immigrants. For as long as new people arrive, they will be untrained in our ways and have to be taught. And with an always ongoing training period, there will always be lag. But if we close the door then we will never grow.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    ...Who the hell stands while typing on their keyboard? What are you, a health nut?
  • Golden_CrowGolden_Crow Registered Posts: 21
    Trust me, I 'aint never going to mess with no E2's. (In exception to the AutoParenter, but that's quite given.)

Ok, maybe I'll try to get an E2 door working. Maybe.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Trust me, I 'aint never going to mess with no E2's. (In exception to the AutoParenter, but that's quite given.)

Ok, maybe I'll try to get an E2 door working. Maybe.

No, please. DO mess with E2. E2 is fantastic. It only tends to fuck up when you start interacting with phys objects and insane holographic calculations. Basic math/if statements work beautifully and laglessly.
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    You remember what happened with the last black man that had a dream.
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Oh Nooooooooez I didnt thought of that one.. :shock:

..Wait, it's all fine! I just checked myself in the mirror and I found out I'm not black!
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    ...But if we close the door then we will never grow.

Hummm well, growing always been overrated anyways sooo...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file