Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Just as a note

effektiveffektiv Registered Posts: 7
edited August 2011 in General #1
http://www.spaceage.eu/index.php/topic/ ... ip-program

This is an automated message posted as connection to your PM system could not be made. You are now the 3rd to be informed.

Comments

• KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    So I was right to be suspicious of you when you suddenly became incredibly interested in the server asking about how frequent crashing was, where all of the custom content came from, etc.

That Spy's a SPIAH

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • effektiveffektiv Registered Posts: 7
    I never asked anything about the custom content.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Kanzuke wrote:
    So I was right to be suspicious of you when you suddenly became incredibly interested in the server asking about how frequent crashing was, where all of the custom content came from, etc.

That Spy's a SPIAH

...So, what you're saying, is, because he is interested in our server in some way, and might want a partnership of some sort, that suddenly means that he wants to steal all of it for himself?

Nice job on flying off the handle on that one. If I had to suggest something, it'd be to chill out on the paranoia.
    Yeah, maybe I overreacted a bit, I just saw his post as a link to some clan announcement, thought it had nothing to do with Diaspora and assumed it was advertising. There was no context in the post other than that it was an automated message, further pushing me to think that it was advertising or spam. I've only just read the linked post properly now and will admit I jumped to conclusions as it just looked like a clan announcement telling people they were taking off weapons. I just accused of being a Spy in a TF2'ey way like I did on the ser, but you could of said you were looking to a clan to move to in game as an explanation...

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    I dont think you understand what this is. You don't need to really either so im not going to explain.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    encrypt the lua files! we cannot have other servers stealing our mjolnirs

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Be it noted we don't fit a single one of the stability requirements.
  • Moonwalker917Moonwalker917 Registered Posts: 8
    What are you even doing here effectiv ? I never saw you build something .You just Try to rdm me on sight or hurt me so i die if i take fall damages (so i can' t work on my ship) .And when you can 't (thanks to duned granting me godmode) you shoot my core or my batteries (this make annoying sounds because of the cores sounds)
    So what 's wrong with you ?
    Can you explain us why you stay on the server ?

I think this guy is wanna establish a partnership with diaspora to get our mjolnirs D: because their weapons are not stable enough
    God know what is gonna do with our sweet mjolnirs ! I don 't trust this guy ! He can release them on garrysmod.org (well...maybe not him but someone of his community

Best regards ,Moonwalker917
    Obviously some people need to update themselves on their community history as the core & weapons systems were leaked many moons ago and although now they have been edited in some way shape or form, it wouldn't be hard for anyone else to mimic because you keep a rather handy change log.

This only got posted because the bot failed to gain access to private messages. This is not exactly up for discussion for the normal player.

If anyone would have bothered to do some simple research you would know that we are looking for a server to redirect are players to not to merge with.

Prior to being Disapora, the Mcbuilds community submitted 2 merger requests to SpaceAge which were both blocked as it had been rather well know for its inability to maintain even the slightest bit of integrity. We only let you know because the competent people seem to have started this and had managed to create something good and sustainable out of the wreckage it was.

I came to inspect and you were informed of the program. You aren't the only people who have been.
    effektiv wrote:
    This only got posted because the bot failed to gain access to private messages. This is not exactly up for discussion for the normal player.

That would have been very useful in the first post...

Anything else you want to tell us "normal players?"

• KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    Competent? Are you sure you got the right people?
    A reminder that all applications have to be submitted by tomorrow. If the community didn't fit the requirements it wouldn't have been asked.
    The state of the servers is far from stable IMHO. As it is I am doing a complete overhaul of one that has an unknown completion date. You can always point people here but we are far too unstable at this moment to handle that sort of influx.

Be it also noted that the Core addon that was long past released has almost nothing in common with the current addon we use and is even less likely to have a resemblance following the current major work being done. Even if a leek occurred from the ashes of McBuilds, which I am sure did and I am sure I know from whom it originated, the changes being discussed alone are far divergent from that version. Sure, another server might have Cores, but they will always be different from how they are here and if emulation is attempted will always lag behind.

Maybe Fuhrball or Steeveeo have a different opinion, but mine is that we cannot handle a surge of players at this time and in the future will not need to go looking for them as they will come to us on their own.

In addition, the use of automatons on this forum is prohibited as a general rule of thumb. If you needed to receive PMs, email notifications would have informed you of their arrival if so enabled to do so.

In addition, I believe that terms stated in post to acceptance for 'what the partnership will entail' could easily turn such a deal sour. It is simpler not to get involved in the first place and put our attention toward our lives and the stability of our own servers.

While I find the offer interesting, I ultimately do not find it worthwhile. However in this case I concede far more decision making power to Fuhrball and Steeveeo if they comment here in the very near future.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Nielk pretty much summed it up. One of the major reasons why I don't bother logging into my own server as of late is, in fact, the seemingly unfixable instability. That, and I have no real ideas of what I want to build, create, or write (E2 is fun, but I can do so much more with actual programming languages).

We haven't even ever accepted any server donations directly to this community, it is highly doubtful we will join in a partnership. I do not mean this as any offense, mind you, just that we are all a tiny bit paranoid due to getting burned by drama in the past.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    I do not mean this as any offense, mind you, just that we are all a tiny bit paranoid due to getting burned by drama in the past.

Does your burn mark look like the Virgin Marry? I swear mine does.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Steeveeo wrote:
    That, and I have no real ideas of what I want to build, create, or write

A not dying machine!

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    Drama burns. Worse than an Indian burn.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file