Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

xX Lord Anubis Xx

NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
edited July 2011 in Bans & Appeals #1
I can't remember how many time this guy fired on spawn on purpose, or how many time Ive seen him stack 20 drones launcher on his tiny shuttle, or mjolnirs, or how many stupid things beyond comprehension he's done.

Every time he logs in we are in for trouble, and painfull lag and crashes, because not only does he not build resonably, but never acknowledge a single thing of what everybody says to him.

Overall Bad and troublesome guy
"...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

Comments

• noldevinnoldevin Registered Posts: 27
    Disregards all anti-lag advice given to him, careless with weaponry around earth. Likes to hypocritically tell people what/what not to do. NC is spot on.
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Agreeing with all above, I just remember when he first unlocked Asgards. He took a pair of them, each of them with their own copy of Kate's E2 to set the targets, then goes around beaming people or beaming himself inside other people because without knowing the first thing about writing an E2 himself, he couldn't figure out how to add a vector offset. Constant Swearing, Firing weapons far to powerful for his sized ships and on/at spawn planets. If you agreed to one of his fights, he will shoot you as quickly as he can target you with the Targeting E2 I gave him. Doesn't matter if you are still on spawn, doesn't even matter if you don't have a ship out yet.

He has been a thorn in our sides for long enough, and many agree with me and the two above me.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Hrm.. If you can get more support from more people who agree with this, I'll temp-ban him, and explain to him why it needs to happen. Three people is pretty good, but I just want to be sure before I do this.
  • noldevinnoldevin Registered Posts: 27
    He also tends to have quite a nasty attitude when it comes to other people, swearing at people to get out of his ship, etc.
  • viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
    I can vouch for this, the guys an ass hole, just a few minutes ago he had decided to spawn a bunch of drones with the only purpose of making it imposible to leave the spawn planet, then what he said when people started complaining was "Survival of the fittest" and things along the lines of him being more powerful and stuff
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Being grouchy toward others is not a bannable offense, even I swear like a sailor sometimes (read: all the time). However, barricading people in the spawn planet and shooting at people when they ask for peace is. If you guys would like to provide some proof like logs, screenshots, or even a Source demo, that would expedite the process; very rarely do people get banned when hearsay is the only proof.
  • viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
    sorry, didn't bother to screenshot it, and not sure how long it lasted for, so he might have stopped when people started complaining
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    I always thought that DuneD would start this thread... but oh well. Now that it is here, I will bring up my somewhat lousy defense: I do not like other people, and the only times i disregard when people tell me how to do things differently is when they tell me 50 times. Would any of YOU like to be Constantly and non stoppedly NAGGED all day long?? No, I did'nt think so. There. That is my Crappy Defense. :(
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    So.... you dont deny said thing? >:)

*raises the banhammer*
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
    I always thought that DuneD would start this thread... but oh well. Now that it is here, I will bring up my somewhat lousy defense: I do not like other people, and the only times i disregard when people tell me how to do things differently is when they tell me 50 times. Would any of YOU like to be Constantly and non stoppedly NAGGED all day long?? No, I did'nt think so. There. That is my Crappy Defense. :(
    Unprofessional Protip: if everyone on the server is nagging you, you're probably doing something wrong.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    If you don't like other people, you could just stay in singleplayer to build, and spawn ragdolls to have tea parties with them! :D

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    What, exactly, does that show? Other than Environments being shitty.
  • Moonwalker917Moonwalker917 Registered Posts: 8
    Well...it show anubis building drones system on earth i was in on of his fusion reactor (not cooled obviously) when server crashed
  • MrStumpMrStump Registered Posts: 24
    I don't put much effort into hiding my dislike of people online, so I'm sure it'll come as no surprise that I dislike Lord. He uses e2s with no comprehension of how e2 works and then acts like he's amazing because someone was nice enough to give them to him. And if he can't get them to work he goes on and on complaining about how they suck, as if he did anything to even get them. He lately seems to be getting better about overloading ships with guns, but he still builds shitty ships and then acts like he's amazing because of his borrowed tech and tries to talk down other people's ships because they didn't build them like incompetent assholes.

That being said, I personally have not seen him attack earth any more often than I have seen other do it, outside of one occasion. And being shitty at spacebuild/gmod isn't a bannable offense last time I checked. Lord has spent like 10+ hours a day on the server, and because of him acting like a fucking kid, a lot of people have gotten fed up with dealing with him. But that, to me, doesn't say he should be banned.

I don't see him becoming less of an annoying prick, because he was an annoying prick when he had 20 hours and now he's well over 100 and he is still a clueless, annoying prick. But I'm a prick too. Not saying he didn't do the actually bannable stuff like constantly blasting earth, but I haven't been around when/if it happened. If you guys want to ban people you don't like, that's fine... but then how long until someone doesn't like you or I and we find ourselves out in the cold.

PS) I doubt lord made a drone network because he can't even make a fucking targeting e2, let alone basic command based drone flight
    Let me just stress this now: this is not a flame forum. This forum is meant to ask for administrative action for a particular individual or incident (and for appeals to said action), not yammering about how much you dislike someone.

I'm sorry, but that screenshot is not enough proof for a ban. Source has a built-in demo recording suite, if someone like Lord Anubis starts acting up, take a DEM and post it here (and please refrain from all that "I recorded this and you're getting banned trololo" nonsense, that's just aggravating). DEM files are first and foremost the best way to decide whether or not action needs to be taken. I may write a guideline FAQ or whatever later with the preceding content as a major part.
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Alright just leave the guy in place then.

It's all the little thing about the guy that constantly put a stress on the server. Yesterday I was looking at his new ship. I go in the back and see an array of batteries and caches, 3 caches and 6 batteries, I say: not bad, you've cut your batterie array in half so Ive seen worst you know. But then I see 4 hudge metal containers. I ask him, have you ever transformed or use metal before? Look, you don't need so much dude, you are only once again putting unecessary stuff. I point to him that, at this rate it'll take another 5min to reach the 1/4 of his total amount (4 container so 1full). Then obviously the anwser one reasonable guy would say is, yea right, yea maybe 1 is enuff. No! He then spawn 4 ore production unit! I'm not even talking about the fact he could use the multiplier input...

That's only one of many incidents.

I dunno what to say. I must say he's been behaving more and more lately...
    Ah what the hell, I might even be willing to give him a pass. But someone has to get thru to him and make him realize how he affect everyone by stacking unecessary CAF entities all around the place.

Remember my post about limiting certain stuff? well, that's one of those guy the post was meant for. And for fuck sake, it's not about loving the guy or not, it's about him not taking into consideration what people with more experience are saying to him and constantly doing everything that can be done wrong.

If any admin would be on, he would see. No admin ever on, no owner, no dev.... no one to see but us. Beside ban request what are our options? Tell us
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"
    anubis sounds like a great player who will make many glorious contributions to the server

• Moonwalker917Moonwalker917 Registered Posts: 8
    Lambda217 wrote:
    anubis sounds like a great player who will make many glorious contributions to the server

Indeed *teal 'c face* :3
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Let me just stress this now: this is not a flame forum. This forum is meant to ask for administrative action for a particular individual or incident (and for appeals to said action), not yammering about how much you dislike someone.

I'm sorry, but that screenshot is not enough proof for a ban. Source has a built-in demo recording suite, if someone like Lord Anubis starts acting up, take a DEM and post it here (and please refrain from all that "I recorded this and you're getting banned trololo" nonsense, that's just aggravating). DEM files are first and foremost the best way to decide whether or not action needs to be taken. I may write a guideline FAQ or whatever later with the preceding content as a major part.

Here ,a nice vid of anubis
    http://youtu.be/S8torfI2M0Y
  • effektiveffektiv Registered Posts: 7
    Just to fill this in for everyone. This is a video of Anubis and Moons ships. Moon spawned his ship inside Anubises so anubis blew up his ship because moon said he wouldn't remove it. Moon in the real world trying to frame people often shows that they actualy have done nothing. The fact you find the need to say "what a good day to have fraps running" makes it sound even more like you were trying to set him up. I suppose trying to attach a ship core to his ship to self destruct it was one thing. But then attaching one to your to self destruct it so he would cut through his own ship with his weapon is another.
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    Wow... people, just wow.
    aight lets break this down.
    all combat in the spawn is illegal, hence you should propably all be banned, the vid doesnt show who spawned their ship first, that would clarify things a bit since it tells who should naturally get rid of theirs.
    this is starting to get ridiculous and sounds like you people are having an all out troll war in the server, please just get off eachothers backs before i get grumpy enough to come monitor the server on my own again, i take it you dont want my behind there.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
    We did copy the rules MOTD to the dev server right?

• KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    Zardian you are always grumpy.

They are just all mad at each other. They don't have a case. Close this.
    Katelyn wrote:
    They are just all mad at each other. They don't have a case. Close this.
    I'm going to have to agree with this.

If anyone gets some actual case going, instead of just trying to get each other banned, feel free to open a new thread. Until then, chill the hell out.
This discussion has been closed.