Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Greetings

MacTrekkieMacTrekkie Registered Posts: 12
edited July 2011 in General #1
Just wanted to say hello, I'm back into spacebuild. I doubt any of you remember me or anything but I used to play on McBuilds long before Diaspora existed. I recently got extremely bored with non-spacebuild. So just saying hi and whatever.

Also, long shot, but I remember when Diaspora was first starting someone said to ask Dubby to restore dupes from McBuilds. I don't suppose that option is still around, is it?
"To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
-Moby Dick

Comments

• Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    I think 'THE FORCE' currently has access to old dupes, but I haven't seen him around in a few weeks...
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
  • MacTrekkieMacTrekkie Registered Posts: 12
    Okay thanks mate. If I see him I'll ask him.

Also gyropods need fuel now. Interesting. Guess I'll have to make an E2 flight chip. Wooo...
    "To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
    -Moby Dick
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    I remember you.
    So is the server down for everyone else?
    -Moby Dick
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Your solution to a new feature is to avoid it? For shame.
    Well on the dev server, the only one that's working. seems to not spawn the magical PN-fuel crystals needed to fuel the gyropods. So yes I am avoiding it, since I want my ships to go faster than 33 miles per hour. I'm still using gyropods until I get smart enough.
    -Moby Dick
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    MacTrekkie wrote:
    Well on the dev server, the only one that's working. seems to not spawn the magical PN-fuel crystals needed to fuel the gyropods. So yes I am avoiding it, since I want my ships to go faster than 33 miles per hour. I'm still using gyropods until I get smart enough.

Please tell me you're at least simulating momentum a little. ;_;

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    On the topic of missing PN crystals: Amaroq said he would fix that, but we're still waiting on him to do so. :P
    Lambda217 wrote:
    MacTrekkie wrote:

Please tell me you're at least simulating momentum a little. ;_;

Well all my space movement chips usually don't cancel velocity unless I hook up a button to do specifically that. So yes. Less "sticks like glue" more "Slides like ice"
    -Moby Dick
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    hooray!

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    I have a movement e2 chip that wirelinks to the gyropod and simulates smooth speedup and slowdown. speed gradually increases to 220mph, and when you release the movement key, it slows to a stop instead of just insta-brakes. All this without PN-Fuel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file