Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Question about donations

xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
edited July 2011 in General #1
If i donated (example) like 5000 USD could you guys make the servers go zing? :?: :?: :?: 8-) 8-)
Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    If i donated (example) like 5000 USD could you guys make the servers go zing? :?: :?: :?: 8-) 8-)
    Not sure why you'd pay $5000 for the server to randomly print "zing" to all connected players, but have at it.
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    if were talking priviledges for donations, well, like you listen to me anymore but dont go down that road
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
  • roychookroychook Registered Posts: 23
    but in all seriousness i wouldn't mind donating like 5 dollars a year or something not for any benefits but just so we can keep the server up and maybe it would be a good insentive for people to start working on it again. you can always make a Paypal account for the donations that steeveeo or one of the other people that pay for the server would have acces to and you would be able to trust them enough with
    the money :)
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Just ask Fuhrball for his PayPal! c:

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • noldevinnoldevin Registered Posts: 27
    TBH I think we need some new devs that still have an interest in the game, it seems most of the devs now have either lost interest or begun to favor Minecraft. Don't get me wrong, the devs have come up with some awesome stuff, but the server is in need of work and it isn't going to get done any time remotely soon if we don't have someone with a heavy interest in spacebuild.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Kind of agree, actually.
    I agree also and as long as the money i donate goes straight to the server fund i dont see a problem with it and as long as at least we know we have other people donating as well. or maybe certain privileges about what you can spawn or how much you can spawn if you donate something. :)
    what does this have to do with developers?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    Zardian wrote:
    what does this have to do with developers?
    steve-ballmer.jpg
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
    My comment was not meant as an attack against the devs, merely stating that the interest just doesn't seem to be here.
    As for having to do with this thread? People want to donate in order to help performance and motivate devs. Developer activity directly affects server performance in that they are the ones finding and fixing performance and stability issues within addons.
    uhuh, okay, slight misunderstanding there
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    roychook wrote:
    but in all seriousness i wouldn't mind donating like 5 dollars a year or something

Whoa there! Lets not throw ALL our money at them just yet.
    Anything is better than nothing, at the current rate, I will not be able to renew my server next year.
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Give us some numbers
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"
    My server is costing me $250 a year to keep up, currently that all needs to go to my tuition fees and food.
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Alright

Let's say 20$ donation per year

I'm in

Hit the submit to see how much people would be willing to give 20 dollars per year
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"
    I'm in
    I'd absolutely donate if I wasn't unemployed atm :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file