Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

A TOURNAMENT! :D

NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
edited July 2011 in General #1
Well I was just chillin and getting my ass kicked then BOOM! it hit me! What about a tournament!?

We could get some rules of engagement like how much(what) weapon, how much of a core, how much storage

We could lay down some list or something, make a decent balanced technical blue print, or some of them. I was thinking about something like:

fighter: under 150 000 shared core stats
Frigate: under 350 000 shared core stats
Cruiser: under 1 000 000 shared core stats
Capital: over 1 000 000 shared core stats

There is so much thing we can do with that, like, 1vs1, 2vs2, 1cap 1 cruiser 1 frigate 1 fighter vs same, 1 cruiser 3 fighters vs same...

I'm just throwing the idea around, let's try something and see how it works!
Of course we would have a dedicated day and time for that, no building in for an hour or something... something like that! Im all excited I think I just jizz in my pants.. brb
"...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

Comments

• NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Ok I'm back!

I want to stress out something here; my whole idea is to put less weapons than core, to make the battle longer, with more emphasis on piloting skills, reflex and core enhancement timing activation.

Something like; making everybody more or less on a same level. Just like F1 competition, some set of rules to makes the fight interesting. Having 3-4 archetype of fighter given the player some choice to fight, or having a choice of weapons having each of them some point, and give the player the choice to have 3 direct guns, 1 homing missile, 2 direct guns 1 homing, 2 direct guns 1 beam 1 torpedo...

Try to come up with a set of rules then have like a week to build your fighter and when saturday comes.... FIGHT! You give some latitude, but some strict rules to make it a challenge.

Tell me what you guys think of that
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    lol @ you expecting people to self-balance

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    I like this idea, but the only problem would be picking a time when enough people are ready on the server. A fully organised and balanced fight may be better, but when it comes down to it, fighting it self is fun. No need to keep competitive records, just get ships in the air and battle. People with OP ships may win, but everyone can still have fun doing it.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • FurnardanFurnardan Registered Posts: 16
    We definitely need some boosting activity in the server, and a tournament would be awesome, assuming we get enough people and they show up on time.

I also think we need plenty of other activities too. Spacebuild servers usually fall into a dreary routine of people constantly building something new to dominate everyone else or building technology that is spaztastically amazing, but we hardly get to do anything amazing with it or apply our creations to really fun use. The faction wars would be awesome if we took them seriously, or devised some more events to draw people in, but I'm not the best planner for these sorts of things.
    You must be rich in order to be considered eccentric, for the poor are merely thought of as crazy. I, therefore, need a lot of cash...
    edited July 2011 #6
    Okay, for those who want to get in the first fighter tournament, here are the guidelines:
    Nothing is permanent, it's only for that first exercice, we'll see how it work out and adjust, and we'll make more tournament and different ship archetype as well.

-Ship core under 100k overall
    -3 weapons allowed
    -Autocannon, Flakk, fighter laser, staff weapon and Homing Torpedo launchers only
    -Gyropod required
    -No Stargate shield
    -No enhancer(Tho it might change to 1 repair of any kind)
    -add some fuel tank but don't plan for fuel production, it will be provided

CAF Entity rules:

-No production entities NO MOULDY TACO CHIP!
    -1 Batterie
    -1 fuel tank
    -1 node
    -1 ressource cache
    -1 ressource pump

We are Saturday the 23rd, the tournament will be held Saturday the 30th
    You're fighter need to be approved by none but me :) yes, me
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Seems a good ruleset, but why no fighter lasers or staff weapons? D:

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    My ship could easily fit those requirements with just a few simple tweaks. With no enhancers its barely got 70k HP.

And it might fit the next tournament tier as well.
    The tournament will be an all-in kind of stuff btw, everyone against everyone
    oh what the hell..

Drop teh CAF rules.. and no need for approval or nothing. Just try to make a stripped down fighter so we can have this hudge fight..
  • FurnardanFurnardan Registered Posts: 16
    We gotta make this Shnit happen! Com'on people!!
    You must be rich in order to be considered eccentric, for the poor are merely thought of as crazy. I, therefore, need a lot of cash...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file