Home Showcase
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

[Project] Arbalest Targeting System

KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
edited July 2011 in Showcase #1
To replace my now broken derma HUD targeting system, I am going to write a new one! This one is going to be mostly text based, with perhaps a small EGP HUD that you can link into. A list of features that I am planning for this includes:

-Array targeting
This will support multiple targets allowing you to integrate it into a weapon system that supports an array of entities.

-Kate's Command Structure
Uses my command structure that allows you to completely customize all commands to any alias you want. Easy to read and add on to!

-Parameter based commands
The commands will include multiple parameter recognition. You will be able to suggest multiple targets, players, classes, models, anything!

-Light EGP HUD
A light weight EGP HUD will be integrated in the chip and easily configured or disabled.

-Query saving
Save a query and search for it again faster next time!

If you have any reasonable suggestions let me know. I will see if I can add it in.

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Whitelist/Blacklist modes for the array targetting?

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Raycast friendly fire detection on LOS weapons?
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    That is up to the turret that links to the weapons to do Nielk1. This is a chip that gets you target information only.

White and black list modes for the array targeting? In what way?
  • noldevinnoldevin Registered Posts: 27
    White/Blacklist I would assume means you can add buddies that won't be targetted
    I will make it ignore people on your PP list when doing a wide scan for stuff. If you specify them it will override that.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Soo are you saying the NEW targeting E2 broke before the old one? Cause the one I use still works :lol:
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    Yes I am. The new one uses a different interface and targeting method. It is a completely rewritten code not using anything at all from the original. There is a bug with the code where it isn't detecting a change in one of the drop down boxes, and it thus is broken. The old one is much more clunky than the new one was.

The one I am making now will be using an EGP HUD instead of derma, and will be driven by commands that you input.

Here is an example of how I would like to structure this.

The main command will be find. To issue a new find command you would start with !find

The next argument will be what kind of find command you are issuing. Are you looking in a sphere? or a cone? or everything?
    Based on one of these three area arguments the next options will modify them.

Sphere will require a Radius. The origin point will be assumed to be your ship. Your command would now look like !find sphere ####
    Cone will require a direction, distance, and angle. Direction can be defined one of three ways, Ship, Chip, or Me. Ship will take your chair and get it's forward facing direction. Chip will take entity() and get it's up(). Me will take your view direction. Distance is like radius for the sphere command, and angle is the angle of the cone.

All will do a findInBox(vec()+16500, vec()-16500)

All of the options for all of these find methods are optional, and in the event that they are not present in the command a default will be used that you can set in the chip yourself. If you don't include a Sphere, Cone, or All it will assume All.

Next you will have any number of arguments for the whitelist that you are creating. Your options are entity type, model or owner. I could filter this even more with a loop checking against entity flags which would allow for very specific finds such as ship cores with the model phx_plate 2x2 owned by Katelyn that are on fire, resting on the ground, and underwater. Here is how the syntax would look...

!find player:Katelyn model:phx_plate2x2.mdl class:ship_core* fire:true onground:true underwater:true

That seems like a large command, but you will be able to customize every single one of those identifiers to anything you want. Using the !alias command you can change any of them into shortened and abbreviated versions. Here is how I personally would shorten them

!f p:Katelyn m:phx_plate2x2.mdl c:ship_core* fire:t og:t uw:t

that is an oddly specific query though. Most would just look like

!f c:ship_core*

and with the ability to actually save these you could just do.. lets see.. I don't have a command name set up yet but lets use save and recall for now

!save shipcores c:ship_core*

!recall shipcores

In the event that you don't have a find argument after the name, it will assume you mean the last find request you did. The recall will RE-EXECUTE the command. It won't bring up old data. These will all be saved and loaded when the chip is respawned.

But what if you wanted multiple classes detected at the same time?

!f c:ship_core* gmod_wire_expression2
    Just add a space without a whitelist designator.

Now that is all great for getting a list of entities on the map. But how do you actually select a target from that list? This is where the EGP HUD will come into play. It will show you a list of entities that came up in the search. You will select a primary key from that list in chat to select the actual target, and it will be added to the targeted array. You can remove things from this array at any time by deselecting it.
  • CoupezCoupez Registered Posts: 26
    Thats strange, i have ur targeter and it still works fine :/
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    I wonder if using Windows Speech Recognition would be feasible with this system. It can simulate pressing the chat key and pressing enter, as well as typing, and would be way more efficient than typing out a bunch of commands while the latest in teleporting pulse cannons that fire Mjolnirs instead of pulses (and also cause your computer to punch you in the dick) are surrounding you.
    Plus barking "TARGET ONE OWNER MUSTWIN TYPE CORE MODEL MELON TARGET TWO OWNER RANGE: CRAZY FRENCH DUDE, TOKEN HOMOSEXUAL, LAZY DEVELOPER TYPE CORE" constantly at your screen would be awesome, as well as good for getting weird looks from people around you.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file