Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Help......Again

CoupezCoupez Registered Posts: 26
edited July 2011 in General #1
Right, i have given up on other sources. Can any one help me , my advanced duplicator doesnt work in single player. i can spawn things if i download them but it does not let me save things , when i try to it comes up with the pop up box/menu i can type in the name and description but when i pree save the box doesnt disapear and it does not save , also when i try spawn some tihngs it spawns them with out consratints no matter if the box is ticked or not , i have tryed redownloading it from many different places , even the one that came with wire mod ( svn ) wont work . if any one can help me fix this issue i would be so thank full.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    A list of all your installed addons would help us figure that one out; something may be conflicting with Advanced Duplicator.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Sometimes one needs to try starting from scratch. At times I rename my garrysmod folder something like garrysmod_old, disable steam cloud (actually I never have but I have not had to do this yet after they added it), and try to re-run GMOD making it re-create the folder structure. Then I add the errant addon and see if it works.

The issue could be related to addon conflicts or issues with config or settings file for the given addon. This method is a quick way to rule all that out without doing too much work. You can easily delete or rename the new gmod dir and rename the old one back to garrysmod to restore your previous install.
  • CoupezCoupez Registered Posts: 26
    Ok , i will try this method nielk1 , if it doesnt not show any results i will ist all my addons ect...... now off to try it
    ok, i renamed it and re run gmod , and added adv. duplicator , and it works fine now. i am goind to add addons a few at a time to see what is breaking it
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    The issue could be either another addon or a setting.

Try going back to the original install and rename the data and settings folder something like data_old and settings_old. See if you get the error then. That will be able to clear the settings or data as the cause and tell you it is an addon directly conflicting (not a glitch in an addon's settings).
    ok , problem solved i got the fresh gmod dir and then installed all my addons again and it works fine

thanks for every onestime ::P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file