Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Main server News?

RAshalaRAshala Registered Posts: 4
edited July 2011 in General #1
is there any news about the main non dev server? Like how it is going in trackign down whatever...or when it may be back up?

Comments

• noldevinnoldevin Registered Posts: 27
    Also, anyone who recieved the unannounced patch to GM won't be able to connect to Dev until the server is updated :(
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Dev server updated.
    wewt ty :)
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    A ha, see I knew my game updated last night! I'm not crazy!
    Yeah it was a very small update, only took a few seconds to download and I never saw any announcements or patch notes (even still today).

But whatever they did was enough to throw servers out of sync.
  • RAshalaRAshala Registered Posts: 4
    and the MAIN server? whats the status on that one?
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    There are some sort of major lag issues and until they are fixed it is currently down. Steeveeo and I finally got access to the server backend so, at least I, will be looking into it this weekend. I cannot speak for Steeveeo and he is 'away' atm, probably without GMOD.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Weird idea: What if it's one of those random DDOSs? D:

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    DDOS's wouldn't cause a server to slow down only when there are lots of entities on the map. Like, the normal amount you'd expect to see on a server.
  • CoupezCoupez Registered Posts: 26
    Also, from my experiance a DDOS attack would just close/muck up the server not just cz lag
  • MrStumpMrStump Registered Posts: 24
    Speaking of news, dev server has a problem.

PN crystals no longer spawn and asteroids spawn inside of planets. Been like this 2 days now. Seems like the script or whatever that spawns the stuff is not finding planet entities.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    It's all configured for Environments. Whoever switched back to SB3 never edited the files to account for it.

Eh.. I guess I could do it. Wouldn't be that hard.
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    Its been longer than 2 days. I have NEVER seen the dev server with crystals.
  • roychookroychook Registered Posts: 23
    uhm any news or anything we could do to help?
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    I have no idea what is with the main server. When I tried to roll some addons in and out everything broke 100% until I put it all back. Someone more experienced in the files might have to look into it.
  • viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
    so any news on the progress made with it yet?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file